Dougie's Letter

Lilly,

It's Dougie. Remember me? Short, blonde, plays bass in that band you used to manage?

No but seriously, how are you? How's Maryland? How's being a paramedic? I don't know how you do that. I'd never manage. But I suppose you've always been brave.

You're probably wondering why I'm writing you a letter in the 21st century when I can just send you a WhatsApp message in a few seconds for free (no overseas charges!), but there is a reason, I swear.

Basically...things haven't been the best since the last McBusted show. The boys and I had a small falling out. Mostly Tom and I. We're still not 100% back to where we were, but we're getting there. I'm making sure of it. I sent him one of these letters too.

Okay, I'm stalling. I don't want to tell you this, but writing you this letter is part of my recovery program. I had to go back into rehab for another two-week reset and I only got out a few days ago. Don't worry, I never started drinking again. I swear. It was other stuff. But I'm better now, I am. I'm feeling good and I'm staying with Harry and Izzy and Lola for a little while.

The reason I told you all of this, because there is one, is because I think part of the reason I haven't contacted you is because of what I was going through. And I think that the reason the other guys haven't really contacted you either was because of me. And I'm really sorry for that, Lil.

I miss you. A lot. And it's not necessarily that I want you to come back. I want you to be successful in Maryland and be happy. I think it's more just that I miss the early days sometimes. It's a sort of nostalgia I never knew existed until now.

I send you all my love, and I know Tom, Harry, Danny, and everyone else over here do too. I hope everything is going well. Better than you could have ever imagined. I think of you almost every day.

I hope you can forgive me for everything that's happened.

Talk to you soon.

Love,

DP 

//