Chapter 40 - Sage

Stepping from the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body, fixing it securely. Wiping the mirror, I looked at my fading mate mark, tracing the outline.

The grin stretching across my face expressed more than words could ever convey.

This bond that now tied us together was powerful and all-consuming.

My wolf whimpered in agreement and then drifted back to sleep. I'd never sensed her this happy and content.

Now, only if my brother could feel the same.

Some air escaped my happy bubble. He had made it clear what he thought about Hunter.

"You're not that stupid, Sage!" I muttered his cruel words.

"Stupid. Is that what Sylar said?"

Hunter appeared behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and growled.

Just his touch had a fire kindling between my legs.

Not now!

His pupils darkened, expanding, swallowing the brown I loved so much. His wolf was peeking, protective of me. "Is that what he said to you?" He repeated and then continued. "He might be your brother, but I won't stand by and let him disrespect you. He can have issues with me—I get it. And I hope his opinion of me will change in time. But I'm not happy with the way he spoke to you. I've ended lives for much less."

It had upset me but I remembered what Misha had said. "He's worried he's going to lose me when he's only just found me."

Hunter nodded and then sucked at my mark. I noticed it seemed to calm him and his wolf.

"Fine, but if he talks to you like shit again, I will put him straight, yeah?"

"Okay," I hummed, my mind plotting ways to help him accept Hunter and be happy for me.

I felt another growl of frustration rumble through Hunter's chest. "You need to get dressed Sage, before I drag you back to bed, or I could fuck you here."

I clenched. "Deviant."

He shrugged no denying it. "Will it always be like this, wanting each other?" My sex drive had gone through the roof. Even a simple brush of fingers had me seeking out more, hungry for his touch.

"Where you're concerned, yeah." He smirked unashamedly.

Sadly though, now was not the time. But this led to a different issue. "I have nothing to wear, and you destroyed my underwear." A blush bleed onto my cheeks.

"Meh. I like the idea of you walking around naked, only wearing my scent." He reached his hand down, slipping underneath my towel to cup between my legs, his middle finger probed my swollen lips; eliciting a shiver. "So wet for me. Perfect."

"Oh, so you wouldn't mind your brother or Gunner—seeing me naked? How very liberal of you Mr Stone."

His head kicked up. "Fuck! No, you're right. Nobody ever gets to see you naked. You're mine and only mine." He nipped my shoulder to emphasize his point. "But we won't have that problem. Someone left you some clothes outside the door, I put them on the bed. No sign of any underwear though." He winked.

"Fantastique!"

"Fuck, you have French..." he muttered and groaned. "I like hearing you scream out in French...ealier was fucking hot."

I grinned then my smile dropped. "Mon Dieu... do you think everyone heard us earlier?

"I don't care if they did," he answered with no shame.