Chapter Thirteen - Hunter

Kissing her hard, my tongue explored her perfect mouth, unable to get enough. She was like my own personal drug, her scent, taste, touch, hell even her voice.

Without a doubt I was addicted.

I should have stopped before it got out of hand.

Who was I kidding, it was already out of my control.

Fuckin' hell.

I wanted her.

My wolf wanted her and my dick, well he was telling me he'd waited long enough already as he throbbed with want, about to explode.

The decision was made. I couldn't stop.

Sage rose on her tiptoes with her delicate fingers tracing up each arm, her touch like a lit match burning as they moved upwards across my skin.

In the back of my mind I was scared that once we'd done this, there would be no turning back. My life was gonna change, and it scared me beyond what I was willing to acknowledge.

Sage was the first woman to make me want things, and I wasn't even sure I was ready for that.

Is she ready for that?

Does she want me the same way?

Pushing those nagging doubts out of my head, my hands wandered over her waist, down further over her thighs, lifting her dress with my fingers. My hands touched her smooth bare skin, she was so hot to the touch and I pulled her closer, shifting them around to her arse. My hand glided over the soft material of her lacy underwear, they restricted direct skin contact, but not for long as I slipped my fingers under.

She squeezed my arms but I didn't stop kissing her, pulling her against me, harder as the full force of my dick now pressed into the seam of her thighs.

Another onslaught of blood rushed towards my dick; he was practically tunnelling his way out of my joggers. Fuck me, at this rate, I would come in my pants.

Pulling my head back, nipping her lip before I let go. We were both breathing hard, staring, but I didn't let go of her arse, it fitted perfectly in my hands.

Her cheeks were flushed pink and her lips swollen from my onslaught. "You're gonna have to say the words, Sage, because everything I'm feeling right this minute is telling me, you want me."

There I'd said it.

Silence followed.

She's said nothing, just stared, as if deep in thought. A niggling doubt crept into my head.

What the fuck?

I'd never been wrong before.

Was I wrong about this? Did she not feel the same?

My heart picked up a beat and a prickle of sweat ran along the back of my hairline.

Why the fuck wasn't she saying anything?

More doubt seeped in, and I swore my wolf was laughing, probably payback for not letting him bite her earlier.

She doesn't want you, Prick!

That thought terrified me.

Swallowing hard. First time for everything, I guessed.

And the feeling that shot down through my gut down into my balls was something I'd not encountered before –Rejection.

And it sure as shit didn't feel good.

My stomach churned and I was about to beg her when I saw a slow smile cross those heavenly lips of hers. "So sure of yourself aren't you Hunter?"