Andre's Gift

"Sarah!" It's great to see you!" said Andre, pulling her into a hug after answering the door to his London flat. 

"You too!" said Sarah. "Thanks so much for inviting me to see the World Cup! I've never been before!"

"It's going to be great! The Prides are going to sweep the floor with those Wigtown Wanderers!" he said.

He stepped back and invited Sarah and her father in. Sarah's father met Andre's parents and his grandmother and  he stayed to chat a bit before giving her a hug and saying goodbye. 

Andre's mum made Shepherd's pie for dinner, and after, Andre lead Sarah to his room. A cot had already been set out for her. 

"We should get to sleep soon," said Andre. "We've got to be up before dawn to get to our portkey. But first, let me show you what I'm wearing to the match."

He trotted to his closet and pulled out a set of robes, bright purple and gold like the Pride of Portree's colors. Sarah knew little about fashion, but she could tell by Andre's face this was quite an outfit. The silky purple robes were sliming, the sleaves and edges trimmed with embroidered gold. Looking closely, Sarah could see little snitches woven into the fabric. The clasp of the robes was also made of gold, and Andre even had a hat to match. 

"Very nice," said Sarah. "You'll be the best dressed wizard there."

"Naturally," he said. "I'll have to change once we're at the stadium. We've got to wear muggle clothes there, you know."

He hopped onto his bed and looked at her eagerly. "So, what are you wearing?"

Sarah reached into her bag and pulled out the sweatshirt and jacket combo Skye had picked out for her. 

Andre made a squeamish face. "Tell me you're joking," he said. 

"What's wrong with this?" she asked. It was one of her favorite things to wear. 

"Aside from the fact that it's not exactly eye-catching," he said, "people will have no idea you're supporting the Prides!"

He stepped forward to examine the jacket. Then, he gasped and jumped back as if it had burned him. 

"Is that a Wigtown Wanderers patch on the sleeve?!"

Sarah pulled the jacket out of sight guiltily. 

"Skye gave it to me! I don't have a lot of quidditch clothing," she said. "You know how strict my mum is with the Statute of Secrecy stuff. I'm not allowed to wear anything but muggle clothing at home."

Andre stepped back into his closet again. "We'll have to find you something suitable," he muttered, shifting angrily through his crammed closet. 

Finally, he pulled out a Pride of Portree jersey with the number nine on it. 

"Try this," he said. 

Sarah slipped the jersey on over her shirt.

"It's a good fit," said Andre. "That'll do. You can keep it as well. It doesn't fit me anymore."

"Thanks," said Sarah. Andre could be somewhat harsh at times, but he always took care of his friends and made sure they looked their best. 

"Who's number nine?" she asked. 

"That was my grandmother's number. Back when she was on the team."

Soon after, the two got ready for bed and Andre slipped under his covers while Sarah lay down on her cot. They were so excited, it would be a long time before either of them got to sleep. 

The Prides would end up losing the match, much to Andre's family's dismay, but Sarah still had a great time at the cup. The thrilling plays by the professional quidditch teams, the delicious food for sale, the colorful performances of the mascots. She couldn't believe that out of everyone he knew, Andre had invited her to the event. 

  Ever since then, Sarah would get flooded with the fun memories each time she wore Andre's jersey. 

A/N: Those are all the friends I have at Max Level right now, so I'm going to take a break from these stories for a bit and write some different one shots

A/N: Those are all the friends I have at Max Level right now, so I'm going to take a break from these stories for a bit and write some different one shots. I'll add more people in as I level them up. Hope you've enjoyed them so far! I'm excited to write some different scenes. :)