Surprise Party

a/n: hi :3
alr let's see how this one goes...

----------------

Y/N's POV

"Oi...OIIII!! Wake up Y/N, I gotta go to practice and I'm not letting you stay here alone." I feel a pillow hit my face.

"Okaaaay okaaaay, I'm up." I rub my eyes and squint outside the window. "Too... bright..." I groan and cover myself under the covers.

"Tsk, hurry up. Today is Sugawara-san's birthday, and the team wants to throw him a surprise party."

I stand up quickly, "Ehhh?? It is?? Why didn't you tell me that yesterday?! I'll go buy him a cake! What time does your practice start?"

"Uhhh at 9 am. It's 7:35 right now, so you better start leaving now."

"Yes sir! I'll go home first to change and grab some cash, I'll see you there!"

(Time skippppp)

Hinata's POV

Sugawara-san's birthday is today, and I made everyone come in early to set up a surprise birthday party!

"Ohayooo!" I yell out into the gym, only to find Tsukki, Yamaguchi, and Yachi.

Yachi skips towards me, "Good morning Hinata! Did you have breakfast today? I brought some leftover muffins that I made last night!"

"Oof! I didn't, I'll gladly accept your offer, thank you!" I give her a warm smile.

"N-No problem!" She aggressively bows and scurries away. Funny girl.

I walk over to the side of the court and put my gym bag down, I suddenly feel chills go down my back and I turn around. Great, HE'S here. I put on a fake smile, "Good morning, Kageyama-kun! Feeling better? I bet Y/N took great care of you~"

"Oh shut up, human tangerine." He gives me a glare.

"Aww don't you be so cruel Kags~" I walk past him to go and help Yachi set up some tables.

Kageyama's POV

I'll need to talk to him later, but right now we need to finish setting up the tables for the party. I'll just quickly check up on Y/N.

K: You on ur way?

Y/N: Yeah, i just bought the cake  🥳  I'll be there in a few, later ^-^

K: See ya.

I toss my phone in my bag and jog to help Tsukki with decorations.

(timeskip)

Y/N's POV

I hope I'm not late, I got a bit delayed since I got off at the wrong stop on my way to the store.

"I'm here! Am I a bit late? I just couldn't decide what kind of cake I should get haha."

I walk inside the gym and see a big banner that says "Happy Birthday Sugamama!!" I burst out laughing because one: I recognized Hinata's handwriting, and two: Suga is TOTALLY the mom of the group.

Hinata sees me laughing, "Good morning, Y/N!! Like the banner?"

"Y-Yes! I feel like I'm about to cry of laughter, you wrote this, right?"

"Yep!" He puts his hands on his waist and does a power stand.

Even though I feel a bit awkward with Hinata after he confessed to me, I can tell he's making an effort.

Sugawara-san eventually entered the gym and jumped out saying "Happy Birthday~!" Everyone seemed to be enjoying the moment, laughing at the random jokes Noya made, Suga opening his presents, taking photos...

Nothing can ruin this day....

is what I thought.