time

Stella

I had an uncanny sense of where everything was in that kitchen. Not that I'd tell anyone. It felt bad enough that Macaria was dead set on me leaving before they had dinner.

I finished the risotto I'd made, turned the heat down, just to keep it warm, and dressed in my leather jacket. I went outside and spotted the bike which was probably meant for me. A helmet was hung on the handlebars.

As far as I'd gathered, no one could die here. Like, this was the place the dead people went. But I had this vague feeling, based on my neighbor looking after the sick an elderly, that you could grow old if you wanted to? At least, it was a possibility to get hurt or get a cold or the like, but you wouldn't die from it.

And, if something went wrong, a broken leg or whatever, someone had to look after you.

I put on the helmet, not wanting a concussion, and biked back to town. That shortened the journey a bit.

My neighbor, thank God, wasn't home. The lights were out. I halfway ran up the stairs and into my own space. I switched on the lights and went to the kitchen. So, I'd technically already eaten because I wanted to ensure the dinner was okay for Hades and the like. I wasn't a master chef, but Macaria told me a million times all that mattered was that it tasted fine, and that they didn't have to cook it.

I was still struggling with the idea of immortality. Technically, I wasn't immortal, but that was merely my idea of perception. I would live here, in the realm of death, for eternity. But my memory could be wiped from time to time, creating the sense that time was actually something to care about.

I changed into pajamas and lay down on my bed. My feet were tired from all the walking, and then standing.

I had half a mind to explore parts of the castle, now that I had to ensure it wasn't too dusty.

I smiled, somewhat happy that I had a reason to get up. I wouldn't get too much into the time aspect of everything, but it was nice to have plans.