Zeus

Hades

I peeked into the kitchen again. Stella was there, kneading dough to something. I knew I shouldn't peek, but I found it hard to resist the temptation that was her.

With a soundless sigh I left and went to my office. Macaria had ensured there was a third person to help out. I knew, when she had the baby I would be back to working more, because she didn't have time. For a while.

I opened the globe and checked what I had to check. Zeus had left me a message. Or more like a notification to call when I noticed the message.

I globed him, leaning back in my chair. Right now, with Stella in the kitchen, I wasn't sure I wanted to talk to Zeus. He had that uncanny ability to see right through me. Or, sometimes he did.

"Brother!" he boomed.

"Hello," I said. "What's the matter?"

"Well, you are needed in Olympus. Persephone has declined to be in charge of any businesses regarding the Underworld."

"Of course she has," I said, my voice sounding dead.

Zeus nodded. "So," he said. "I'll ensure she's not there, and you are needed for a few days, I'll make sure you don't have to stay too long."

"Thank you," I said.

"Everything okay?"

I nodded. "You'll see me in a few days."

He laughed, we ended the chat.

I leaned back in the chair. Okay, so maybe going to Olympus for a few days wasn't such a bad idea.

Perhaps I needed to share this with Macaria, she wanted to know.

Stella

I put the dough aside to rest and took off the apron. I wasn't a big MasterChef, and I didn't particularly enjoy cooking all day. But with no other choice, I was happy to be here. To do something. And when I'd filled the freezer with a variety of dishes, I could do more exploring of the castle.

I found a duster and went out of the kitchen. The castle felt too big for me to roam on my own. But then again, I had nothing better to do.

I went up the first flight of stairs, and soon I was lost in the mazes of halls and rooms.

I dusted a bit here and there, and made a note to myself, that I had to tell someone that the entire third floor was like walking through a ghost. Everything was almost gray with dust.

Then I made my way back to the kitchen. Somehow I had an idea how to get back to familiar halls. That scared me? Just a little. Maybe the castle was intuitive?

I shuddered and put on the apron again.

I baked the damn bread and made a portion of meat balls and tomato sauce. That would last a few days. Like this, I wouldn't have to cook every day. I preferred to do it that way.

I had everything ready, and had had my portion, before I went to my bike and went home.

My neighbor was on her way to work, smiling and waving as we passed.

That was nice, actually. That she acknowledged me, but didn't make a big deal out of telling me everything about her.

I went to my flat and changed to my pajamas.