talking

Stella

I had baked, had put it in the freezer, had made a huge dinner, which I'd stored in boxes in the freezer. With that done, I went out of the kitchen, my leather jacket in one hand. I ascended the stairs, peeking each way, before walking to the left. I went up another staircase, then to the right, and I stood outside a door.

Somehow this had to be where I slept.

I opened the door.

The room seemed sort of inspired by the color red. It was a dark red, not too bright. And it felt soothing, as if I'd come home, somehow.

I stepped inside, patting the bed before sitting down. The second I sat down, I was standing again. I had a strange feeling of déjà vu. As if I'd slept in that bed before?

I looked at the dark red comforter and around the room. I couldn't place anything in the room at all. It was all foreign to me, yet the bed felt known.

Maybe because all beds came from the same manufacturer here?

I bit my lip, not knowing what to do. I didn't want to ask Macaria.

I put down my leather jacket on the bed and left the room. I went back to the kitchen and prepared dinner for just Macaria and I.

Hades wouldn't be here. I hadn't seen him since that first day, and a part of me wanted to see him again. The other part didn't care. He just intrigued me.

I put down the food on the table, when Macaria made her way into the kitchen.

"I understand the joy of being pregnant and what is to come, but damn, I don't enjoy morning sickness or this difficulty moving around."

I looked at her. "Isn't morning sickness supposed to pass during the first few months?"

She sat down and nodded. "Yes, and it did. But then you just become halfway immobile, because you're so big."

I smiled and put the food on the table before sitting down.

She patted her stomach. "I can't wait to meet this little one."

I put food on my plate without saying anything.

Macaria looked at me. "Is there anything?"

I shrugged. "Are feelings of déjà vu's normal?"

She nodded. "Most people experience it, and sometimes it's just because it reminded them of something from their time on Earth which they aren't able to remember in actual words or pictures."

I could feel myself relaxing.

"Why?"

"I just, I picked a room, and it just felt like I'd been on the bed before? But maybe it just reminded me of Earthly life."

Macaria smiled, though it seemed there was something hesitant in her expression.

"Can I ask a question?"

She nodded. "I'll let you know if I can't or aren't allowed to answer."

"Thank you," I said. "Well, I was just wondering, Hades is a God, right?"