15

I stopped in my tracks. "Ouch."
Blake pulled away and turned to look at me. "Tiffany, it's not what it looks like."
"It looks like you're kissing Amelie," I said, my voice catching in my throat. We hadn't made anything exclusive, but I guess that I just thought that we were getting there. 
Blake sighed. "Okay, maybe it is what it looks like."
I nodded. "I'm gonna go. I can't believe that I was so stupid."

I turned to leave, tears filling my eyes. Blake grabbed my wrist, and I yanked it away without bothering to turn and look at him. As I left the restaurant, I decided to walk home again. This time, I was sober, so I wouldn't be causing any problems. A fan stopped me, and I choked back my tears as I took a few photos with them. 
I let the breeze blow through my hair as I made the short walk to my house. He had just told me that he was interested in us going further than just a fake relationship. What changed?
I sat down on my front steps, not ready to go inside and face the reality of what had happened. My mom would probably ask about a thousand questions, and my dad just wanted to yell at me for my drunken stupor last night. 

My phone rang as I contemplated my next move. "Hey, Addison."
"Hey, Tiffany. Where are you?"
I chuckled wryly. "Blake didn't tell you, huh?"
"Tell me what?" she asked, sounding completely lost.
"I walked into Saddle Ranch," I began, "and I saw Blake kissing Amelie."
Addison gasped. "He told me that he hadn't seen you since you left last night."
"That's a lie," I chuckled. "I saw him at our manager's office this morning, and then at Saddle Ranch."
"I understand. Maybe you should talk to him. I hope you'll call me if you need anything."
I thanked her and hung up, deciding to head into the house. 

"I'm home!" I called out, setting my phone and purse on the table by the door.
"You're back early," my mom said, coming to the door and seeing my tearstained face. "Do you want to talk about it?"
I shook my head. "Not really. Where's Dad? He said that he wanted to talk when I got home."
"We don't have to talk about it tonight. It can wait until you feel a little bit better."
I shook my head again. "I need to distract myself, and if getting yelled at is what does that, so be it."

We walked into the kitchen, where my dad was sitting at the table, going over the day's newspaper. I sat across from him. "Hi, Dad. I'm ready to talk."
He folded the newspaper, setting it down on the table in front of him. "What happened yesterday? I've never been so disappointed."
I felt my face flush with shame. "I'm sorry, Dad. I made a mistake."
He got the typical dad look on his face, making me feel even more ashamed. "You need to remember that you not only represent yourself, but you represent your mother and me. Your reputation slides back onto who we are as parents."
Tears filled my eyes again. "I understand. I'm sorry to have disappointed you. I made a rash decision, and I am dealing with those consequences. I will probably continue to deal with those consequences for months to come."
His expression softened. "I know that you understand what you've done. Can we talk about what happened tonight now?"
"I really don't want to talk about that, Dad. I jumped into whatever that was with Blake way too quickly, and I'm facing those consequences now, too. Maybe when I've had a chance to come to terms with that, we can talk about it. Until then, I would really just like to go sit in my bed, watch a sad movie, and eat some ice cream."
I got up from the table, hugging him tightly. "Thank you for always being there for me."

I went upstairs, shutting my door behind me. I finally let the floodgates burst as I sank against the door. When I finally got my sobs under control, I changed out of my clothes, putting on an oversized hoodie and joggers. I washed my face, destroying the evidence of my breakdown before heading back downstairs to grab a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
As I settled into my bed, turning on A Walk to Remember, my phone rang with a FaceTime. Against my better judgment, I answered.

"Hello?"
"Tiffany, we need to talk."
I propped my phone up, taking a bite of my ice cream. "Really? What about?"
Blake sighed. "You know what about."
It was my turn to sigh. "What if I don't?"
"It didn't mean anything, Tiffany. I promise."
"Got it. Kissing my ex doesn't mean anything to me either."
"This isn't fair."
"This is plenty fair! I was meeting you for a double date with your friends, and I walk into the restaurant to see you attached at the lip to your ex-girlfriend, who is literally perfect. If you weren't actually interested in making this real, then you should've told me. I told you that I didn't want to get hurt, and that's exactly what you ended up doing."
"I didn't mean to hurt you, honestly. I saw Amelie when I came into the restaurant, and she stopped me to talk to her. I didn't really think anything of it. She pulled me in to kiss her, and I got caught up in the moment."
This caused more pain than he thought that it was going to. "You got caught up in the moment. I understand. Maybe we should've protested a little more when Sean brought up this idea."
"Tiffany, don't be like that. I like you a lot, and I don't think that we should give up so easily."

At that point, I decided that I was done, and I hung up the phone. I laid down on my bed, watching the movie absentmindedly. This situation kind of reminded me of most of my relationship with Tucker. I felt guilty for everything that happened, and I didn't even do anything wrong.