30

"For girls' night? Yeah. Dixie and Addison did good, didn't they?"
Blake chuckled. "You're not going to girls' night."
"Um, yeah I am. Right?" I asked turning to face Addison and Dixie.
They looked at each other and laughed. "You really had no idea? It didn't strike you as weird that we didn't get ready?" Dixie asked.
"I'm confused. What are you guys even talking about?"
Addison sat down next to Dixie on Noah's bed. "Blake asked us to get you ready to go on a date tonight. It was supposed to be a surprise, so we went for the 'girls' night out' excuse. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think it went pretty well."

Blake crossed the room, grabbing my hand. "Let's go, mamas. We've got a reservation soon. I don't want to be late."
I followed him down the hallway, stopping in front of his room. "Is this why you had to go out today?"
"Um, yeah," Blake said nervously.
He was acting strangely, but it was pretty obvious that he didn't want to talk about it. "Where are we going?"
"BOA, is that okay?" he replied, turning the key in the ignition and lacing his fingers in mine.
"Of course it is," I replied, kissing his hand. "Anywhere is perfect as long as I'm with you."

We drove in silence. Even after our argument this afternoon, the silence wasn't awkward, but rather comfortable. As we pulled up to BOA, I noticed Fletcher. "He has impeccable timing, you know that?" I joked.
"He really does. Hopefully he won't ask too many invasive questions."
We got out of the car, and Blake handed his keys to the valet, thanking him.
"Is Bliffany making a comeback?" Fletcher asked from behind us.
We both turned, and Blake shook his head. "We're just friends, Fletcher." A fan asked me for an autograph, so I turned away from Blake and Fletcher, trying to keep listening to the conversation.
"Just friends? I don't think that friends go out to dinner together dressed like that."
"Excuse me for just a second, sweetie," I said, turning away from the fan. "What are you implying, Fletch?"
Fletcher tripped over his words. "I mean, um, you guys are just both dressed really nicely."
I chuckled. "If you'll excuse us, we have a reservation that we're late for."
I grabbed Blake's hand, turning back to the fan and letting her know that it was nice to meet her before we headed into the restaurant.

"I think that you handled that really well," Blake whispered into my ear as I sat down in the chair that he had pulled out for me.
"Thanks, babe. I appreciate that," I replied, picking up the menu. "I'm not that hungry after lunch. I think I'm just going to get a salad."
Our waitress approached the table, greeting us warmly. "How are you guys doing tonight? Can I get you started off with something to drink?"
We ordered our drinks, and she headed off to grab them. "This is really nice, Blake. Can I ask what it's for?"
Blake still looked nervous. "I just wanted to take you out for a nice dinner. We haven't spent a whole lot of time just the two of us. I think that it would be nice."
"That is nice, Blake. Are you okay?" I asked, reaching across the table and grabbing his hand.
He pulled my hand up to his face, kissing it softly. "Absolutely. I'm with the woman that I love. What could be better than that?"

Our waitress returned, and we placed our order. I sipped my water slowly, watching Blake's every move. "Are you sure that you're okay? You're acting kind of weird," I asked.
"Yeah. I just- I want you to know how much I love you."
"I know, Blake. You don't have to be nervous."
That sentence seemed to calm him down slightly. "Josh and Nessa asked me if we wanted to go see a movie with them tomorrow. Are you interested?"
I nodded. "Of course. I love when we do stuff with the other couples."

The waitress returned with our meals. I excused myself to use the bathroom before we ate. When I left the bathroom, I saw Blake speaking to our waitress. I watched her nod and disappear back into the kitchen.
"What was that about?" I asked, sitting back down and taking a bite of my salad.
"I was just asking her for some more water," Blake replied. I eyed his full water glass suspiciously, but in an effort to maintain the trust that we had beengiving one another, I kept my mouth shut.

"How is everything tasting over here?" the waitress asked when she returned. "Can I get you anything?"
"No, thank you. I think we're good for right now. Can we get a dessert menu when you have a moment?" Blake asked, cutting into his steak.
He and the waitress shared a look, and I tried to remain calm. It was probably nothing, right?

She returned with a dessert menu, leaving us to go over it. "Can I ask what that was about?"
"You'll see. I guarantee that it's not what you're thinking. Please just bear with me for a little while longer?" Blake replied, flagging down the waitress and ordering a dessert. We waited patiently, not talking. This time, the silence was awkward.
I gasped when it arrived. "Blake? Um, Blake, what is that? I can't, Blake. You can't put me on the spot like this. I need to go," I said, picking up my purse and standing to leave.
"Wait! Please! Hear me out," he said, grabbing my hand.
I sighed. "Fine, but this had better have a good explanation."
"Don't panic. It's not an engagement ring. It's just a promise ring. We're young, Tiffany, but I've never been so in love with someone in my life. I meant what I said when I told you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. There's no one in this world that could possibly make me happier. If you disagree, I understand, but I need you to know that you're the only one for me."