31

"Blake, I don't know what to say."
Blake sighed, taking my hand in his again. "Tell me that you feel the same way, or tell me that you don't, but please, say something. Anything."
"Blake, I love you. You know that."
"But?" he interrupted.
"No but. Let me finish. You know that I love you. More than anything in the entire world. I want to make sure that you're not just doing this to prove to me that I can trust you."
Blake plucked the ring out of the dessert in front of me, wiping it off with a napkin. "This ring symbolizes my promise to you. It's not just a ploy. You are my best friend, and I'm hopelessly in love with you. There is no one that I would rather do this for, and it's certainly not because I want to make our relationship public. I'll keep us a secret for as long as you could possibly want me to, but only if it means that I never, ever have to lose you."

"Yes."
"What?" Blake asked, a stunned look crossing his face. 
"I believe you. I trust you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, too. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, I want to be with you forever. I love you, Blake."
He leaned across the table, taking my face in his hands, caressing my cheek before kissing me softly. "I'm ready to take you home, my love."

After Blake paid our bill, we headed out of the restaurant, and we were stopped by Fletcher on the way out. "Hey, guys. I wanted to apologize for earlier once again. How was dinner?"
I had put the ring on, so I hid my hand behind Blake's back. "It was really good, Fletcher. Don't worry about earlier, either. I was just joking."
Fletcher let out a sigh of relief. "You guys are the nicest couple to stop and talk to me, so I got worried that I had offended you guys."
Blake and I looked at each other and laughed. "You could never, Fletcher."
"Okay, I want to ask you guys about something. It was noticed that Amelie followed you, Tiffany, and Tucker followed you, Blake. Do you guys have anything to say about it?"
"Truthfully, I had no idea that she even followed me," I said, shrugging. "I don't really pay much attention to that."
"What about you, Blake?" 
Blake laughed. "After we saw him at dinner last night, I figured that something would happen soon, so I guess you could say that it was expected."
We talked with Fletcher for a little while longer, and thankfully, Blake saved us from having to continue the conversation. 

Addison and Dixie were waiting up in the living room when we got back to the Sway house. "Welcome back," Addison said, a sly smile on her face. 
Dixie's face wore the same smile. "How was dinner?"
"You guys are the opposite of subtle," Blake said, laughing and throwing his keys down on the table by the door. 
"I have no idea what you're talking about," Dixie protested. 
"Why don't you just ask her what happened? I'm going upstairs. See you in a little bit?" he asked, kissing my cheek.
As soon as he was out of sight, Addison and Dixie jumped up, pulling me down onto the couch. 
"Spill!" Addison exclaimed. 
"Don't leave out a single detail," Dixie added. 

I laughed at their excitement. "We went to dinner. That was it."
Addison's face fell. "There is no way that that is all that happened. Don't play with my feelings like that."
"Okay, fine. You've convinced me. We went to dinner, and then, Mr. Romantic had me freaking out because I thought he was flirting with the waitress while I was in the bathroom. He's trying to convince me to calm down, and he orders dessert. I'm kind of mad at this point, but he told me to just wait, so I did."
I paused and Dixie interjected. "You thought that your man was flirting with the waitress after you just got into that fight today about being able to trust him?"
"That's what I'm thinking," I began. "I'm, like, are you serious? You want me to trust you, and then, you betray my trust right in front of me? So, I'm trying to keep calm, and this waitress sets the dessert down in front of me, and there's a ring in it, and it says 'I love you, Tiffany.' I'm freaking out, so I get up to leave, and he stops me."
"Pause. I want to see the ring right now," Addison says. 
I sighed. "Hold on, girl. Be patient. He gives me this long speech about how much he loves me, and my heart like explodes. So I said yes. I said that I would give anything to be with him forever. We left, talked to Fletcher some, and now we're here."

Addison and Dixie both sighed happily. "We knew it would happen," Addison said. 
"What do you mean?" I asked. 
"You and Blake were bound to be together. We all knew that. He talked about you endlessly, even before you guys did that fake dating thing," Dixie said, standing up. "I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna head upstairs, but we definitely need to all hangout tomorrow. Nessa, Mads, Avani, and Cynthia are all supposed to be coming over, too."

Addison and I sat in comfortable silence for what felt like an eternity. "You really, really love him?" she asked. 
I nodded. "You really, really love Bryce?"
She nodded. "Do you ever wonder if everything else in your life went wrong, just so that one thing had the ability to go right?"
"Yeah. I think that's why everything went south with Tucker. A little bit of pain, just so that Blake and I could end up together. You know, I don't really know if we're going to be together forever, but I'm really happy right now."
"I'm glad to hear it. You've been through a lot, and you deserve to be happy," Addison said, standing up to hug me. "I'm gonna head to bed. Sleep tight."