- nine

Enola Holmes' POV :

"Miss Holmes, what seems to be the matter?" William sat down next to me while I was outside the venue, looking at the night sky.

"Nothing much, probably just not in my usual self." I replied, my eyes were still at the sky.

"Really?" He asked and looked at me. I nodded at him.

"Miss, I'm so sorry for not staying with you if ever you're feeling rough right now. My mother is sick, you see. I can't stay here long," William said and moved closer to me.

"It's fine. Tell your mother that I said hi. Goodnight, Willy." I responded and tapped his shoulder.

"Goodnight Miss Holmes. It was a great night with you!" William waved his hand and smiled as he go far and I was left here all alone sitting in the stairs. I feel so different. The night hits different. Recalling the things we did a while ago, I'm happy we danced the night away. It just felt unreal. I bowed my head right into my legs just to release my emotions. Not until, I felt someone sat down beside me.

"Hey. What's with you being alone?" a familiar voice asked. I immediately faced him and I can feel myself panicking inside as he talks to me.

"Tewksbury.." that's the only word that came into my mouth when I saw him. I hugged him again and I just wanted to...stay like this. Just for once.

He let a chuckle and replied, "What brings you here alone?"

"I was named Enola for a reason." I laughed. We were sitting together at the middle of the night, staring at the skies, just us.

"How did your last dance go?" I asked him, this makes no sense. I just literally wanted to hear his thoughts about Lady Martina. Where is she right now?

"Honestly. I didn't seem to feel it."

Really? After she just kissed your cheeks and you smiled? I didn't notice how I my eyes rolled when he answered.

"Why are you rolling your eyes?" he suddenly asked and tried to giggle.

"My eyes just needed an exercise." I replied and just stared at him. His looks were annoying.

"Are you..." He stopped when I spoke and said, "No. I would never. Besides, why should I? It's like we're a couple or something? So, of course not."

Tewksbury laughed and responded, "I was going to say if you're hungry.. but then, you started saying some things.... a couple, huh?"

My cheeks went red like I was an alive tomato. All I feel is just embarrassment and is that I wanted to go and disappear for minutes. I wasn't aware he's going to ask some random question!

"That's not what I meant, Tewksbury!" I said and distanced myself, even though we are only sitting in the same stair.

"Oh is that so?" He answered, smiling and is obviously teasing me by poking my arm. I shrugged his hand off.

"Yes, so don't assume things that are clearly not 'that way' ." I stated which made him pout a bit. That's ridiculously weird but quite adorable.

"Can I ask you something?" Tewksbury asked and faced me and our eyes were matched on each other.

"Don't stare at me like that. You know how I don't like it." I said. My words doesn't affect his stare into my eyes. He looked into my necklace and smirked. Pretty sure, he's hearing my heart hammering.

"The necklace,"

"I asked Sherlock to give it you since I thought we wouldn't be able to see each other again."He added.

"Sherlock didn't tell me that it was from you.. but I appreciate it." I answered and held my necklace. Tewksbury laughed quietly and replied, "Keep wearing it when you're away."

I was left staring at him. His genuine smile makes me feel warm and the same time the night's breeze followed my emotion. The stars were shining so bright, and if I could even wish anything right now I wanted to stay like this. I wanted to be with him. A soft song inside the venue randomly plays and unexpectedly, he stood up and went down a little to reach the ground and offered his hand.

( play everything has changed by taylor swift and ed sheeran !! click the video in the beginning )

I smiled at him and went down too. Once my hands touched his, everything felt good again. As we are dancing, he chuckled when he saw me panicking a bit. Our faces were so close that I could almost feel the warmth of his breath. Dancing with Tewksbury in the middle of the night was comforting me. I hope this night won't change.

I was looking at him as my hands were placed in his shoulders and his on my waist, I let out a laugh as soon as he was smiling, not taking his eyes off me. I lowered my head in embarrassment as he stared at me. His lips almost touching my forehead, it gives me tingles.

"I'm wishing this night won't end." I said and still slowly dancing with him.

"How I'd wish you'd know." He whispered and he leaned closer that we were so close. I can't deal with this! I feel like a bomb that's going to explode in any minute.

I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just wanna know you better now

"Know what?" I asked. I can feel his lips smiling.

"Martina and I."

"We're never a thing." He added and held me tight.

"Really?" I asked, still doubting.

"Are you going to be with William?" He asked and took off his hands on my waist and looked at me while waiting for my response.

"What makes you think I would?" I answered and hugged him. I know I look crazy but I want to stay like this, even just for tonight. I removed the hug for a while since Tewksbury chuckled and said, "I guess, we'll see each other. See you when I see you." I bit my lip and said, "Alright." Tewksbury kissed my hand before he left and for the second time, I was still fascinated.

Cause all I know is we said, "Hello"
And your eyes look like comin' home
All I know is a simple name
And everything has changed
All I know is you held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday

Is everything has changed.

-

As I reached home, my thoughts were full of Tewksbury. He was just an ordinary person yet seemed like he was more. From his actions, I can tell he's feeling the same thing as I was. I took a deep sigh and held my necklace. It hits different now, knowing he gave it me to me when I was away.

I know things won't be the same when I woke up but there is still a tiny hope in my mind saying that maybe we'll live like we wanted to if the world's just fair enough.