- twenty one

Enola Holmes' POV :

"Hi?" I answered through the other line. The telephone was so unresponsive, why did it call me anyway? Before I dropped it the person has spoken, "Hey Enola." I blinked when I realized that the voice sounds different and also familiar at the same time.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You'll know me, I'm sure you will.." I was about to say something but the call dropped. I was so frustrated and I wanted to know that guy. His voice was strange, seems like we've met before. Did we? Or it was all in my head? But I was certain that it was familiar.  After the call, I quickly put on my hair pin and I was wearing a pink dress and a pair of butterflies earrings.

As I went outside to meet my best friend again, the crowd seems to be happy like one's life was depended on it. I carefully took a glance on everyone, what's this supposed to mean? Is there a party or something?

"Hey Miss!"

"Hi William, do you have any idea why these people are so happy?" I said.

"No, are we suppose to join in?" I scrunched my nose and responded, "We should know what it is first."

I make my way to go and see other people's reaction, seemed like nobody even cares to explain this things to me then.

"Hm, maybe we shouldn't just know..." I added and faced William.

"Woah, okay.. But do you like some-"

Our conversation was interrupted when the carriage passed by and a lady came out of it and handed me a little fancy envelope. "What's this?" I asked, not opening it.

"Oh, here's for you too, William." says Lady Martina and handed the envelope.

"Open it,"

I took an intake of breath and opened it.

"Dear guests,

You are invited to the grand wedding of Lady Martina Campbell and Lord Tewksbury, Marquess of Basilwether.  It will also be on days from now. Located at the Bloomsbury Venue, we are pleased to see you there. Don't forget to buy some gifts for the newly married couple. We are expecting to see you there."

Ah, marriage. I see..

"We are invited Miss Holmes!!" William shuddered my shoulders in joy, he seemed to forgot I hate this wedding. "Expect us there, Lady!" he added.

"Congratulations, you guys were actually made for each other..." I said sarcastically, I hope she noticed that.

"Aw, thank you Enola..."

"... your presence is needed in our wedding. You should be in there, okay?" She whispered and smirked.

"See you there, Lady!" William answered for me, when I was still. Martina waved him goodbye and got into the carriage. Is Tewksbury there too?

"Hey, are you okay Miss?"

"Yeah, I am. I'm just out of words. I hate talking my saliva gets overused."

"Holy shit, Miss?! I forgot that you hated the wedding! I'm so sorry.. Lady Campbell was just so stunning to look at!" William said while following into my back since I kept walking.

I take a glance on his left eye, it seemed red. "What happened to your left eye?" William blinked and asked, "Where?"

"Left eye, moron."

"Oh, really? I haven't noticed it.... Is it bad?!" He said, a bit of panicking, I can say he is really overreacting.

"Sadly yes.." I teased and as he covered his face with his hand, I kept removing it. Maybe a blow will do.

"Get your hands out, I'll blow into your eyes!" I said, still not removing his hand.

"No, maybe it will be worse!"

-

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

We were giving out some envelopes to spread the word that we are going to be married. This does not sit right with me but with my Mother's permission, I can still temporarily go outside and chill with some friends. Martina went down earlier to give Enola and William their invitations. Watching her reactions, maybe she was accepting it. William was kind of happy either. Guess they were officially together now. Just after that, Martina returned into the carriage and said nothing.

While the carriage goes on, we kept on giving away invitations and receiving different types of comments about the wedding. A lot were actually happy because the power the London will have will be quite strong since our families were big and known. At the same time, there were people who are rooting for me and Enola- especially the ones who saw how we've fought together last two years ago. I never replied any single word whenever they mention her. I always thought that maybe I should address to myself that the thing I've always wanted to happen will never do.

My eyes were on the road and unexpectedly, I saw her with William. Enola was trying to get William's hands that are buried on his face. Based on their smiles, they seemed to be happy with each other and at this time, Eleanor was right. But still, there was a part of me believing it was not. I mean, can she replace me easily or I was never hers to replace?

"Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I just needed a food.." I said, yeah, I'm currently hungry right now. Martina chuckled and gave me a weird look, "Me too, honestly.."

We stopped by the grocery store and bought some foods. I picked a lot of chips and chocolate drinks - they were the best, you know? Especially if it is with ice cubes! Martina filled her cart with some heart shaped lollipops, candies, chips and drinks we could also have.

"Hey! There's a sale of candles today.." Martina quickly went and look for the candles.

Candles. I remember those days, again.

"You'll buy one?" I ask. "Yes, I'll buy one for Eleanor and Nora."

"Oh.." I answered. "Do you think they'll like it?"

"Yeah candles are superior." Martina picked two candles and got them in her cart. As I was done buying, I just waited for her to pay her things.

To my surprise, I saw Enola and William walking in the entrance while I was near the entrance, literally. I can feel a cold sweat on my forehead. Scared they will make a way here.

"Hey Enola and William!" Martina greeted which made them face us. How to react good?! This isn't going right!

And there it was, my eyes met hers again. But this time, butterflies never came. It was all nervousness.

-

Will revised this soon, I'm so sorry for some grammatical errors. :)