- fourteen

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

"So, when's the time I'll see Enola again?" Mother asked,  quite happy about it.

"I don't know but probably soon."

"Meeting her would be my pleasure.. But if she ever stays here, is that a disrespect to Lady Martina? Knowing that she's your beloved?"

"It would not, besides, she'll only talk to us and Lady Martina has her own business." I stated and crossed my arms.

"Make sure to be really careful, Tewksbury." Mother said and walked away. Maybe that's a good news, I'll let Enola know about it.

I went to my room for a while to see what look should I get for today. Should I have plain white tuxedo and two buttons loose? Maybe, yes. My hair was just in a messy form, I wanted it short. I sprayed myself some perfume—kind of flannel scent.

I looked in the mirror and whispered, "You've got this, Tewksbury. You're the man!"

As I was walking, Lady Martina asked me.  "What's with that ridiculous outfit?"

"This ridiculous outfit will make someone's day, Lady." I replied and raised a brow, confidently.

Her face formed a little smile and said, "Oh, you don't need to dress different. You made my day already."

"I do? I supposed that's a compliment." I replied and left.

My feet moves through the exit to go and pick Enola up. She needed to know that my mother is pleased to meet her for the second time.

While as I was passing by her house, I immediately went inside and took a sigh.

"I look great, didn't I?" I confidently whispered.

"Really? How come I did not notice?" Enola gasped sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and replied, "Funny."

She was wearing a pink dickens plaid dress, matching the necklace I gave her, she has her hair lying down in her sides and just a simple blush on in it.

"You look stunning, though." I said, looking at her up and down.

"I know that." She responded and flipped her hair on my face.

"Your hair smells weird, you haven't taken a shower? So disgusting!" I teased, again. We both took a seat inside the carriage.

"Says you? with that short and smelly hair.."Enola replied.

I accepted defeat and just bit my lip. My hands forming a thumbs up sign.

"Where are we going to, by the way?"

Oh, I forgot to tell her. Such a lame move.

"House of Lords."

"What? You haven't told me! I thought just some random place.."

"Don't panic. She wants to see you. Besides, I told you that already!" I exclaimed.

"No. If you did, then I should've known it." she replied.

I forgot she was asleep that time. We were filled with a comfort silence and just stayed like that until we reached the House of Lords.

As we went inside, my mother quickly hugged Enola.

"Thank you for being here with us today. How are you?" Mother says and brushing off Enola's hair on her ear.