- twenty two

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

"Hey Lady Martina!" William exclaimed in behalf of Enola's silence. Martina smiled at them as she finishes her payment into the cashier.

"You guys look so adorable together..." She said which made me feel uncomfortable but of course it isn't visible. I took a glance on Enola and she did too. I was waiting for her response.

"I'm sorry we aren't together, thank you anyway." Enola responded and smirked, William gasped and his mouth formed an "o" into it.

"Really?" says I and she quickly turned her eyes on me, okay shouldn't have spoken a word. "Really." she replied and had a little sass on her tone.

"Oh okay, I'm going to leave you guys a bit, I need to exchange my candle.."

"I feel that my stomach is going to burst.. Miss, excuse me for a while."

We were both left alone in the front of cashier, this is so awkward and embarrassing as we know what happened between us. Silence took over us and we are also avoiding each other's gaze. Not until a guy of certain age spoke, "Excuse me for a minute, lovers, I need to get a basket.."

Lovers. The word itself made us troubled inside. "Uh, aren't you going to get inside and shop?" I asked.

Enola looked at me awfully and wiped her hair that's brushing off her face. "I'm waiting for William. Why don't you go outside and wait for your fiancée?" The way she said it made me want to laugh. She was mean to me and she does not even know it is a turn on. How cute.

"Oh yeah, great idea. Thanks for that but I wanted to stay here." says I and bit my lip.

Enola Holmes' POV :

"Okay." I said shortly and left him. I look for some vacant seats I could be while waiting for William. Tewksbury was so obvious that he's still taking a look in me, that was so annoying. I can't even stare at him directly. Good thing, an old woman sat down next to me which made it hard for him to see me. Having him around again was weird but half of me still likes it. Half of me was wanting to be in his arms again, sounds dramatic but yes. I missed him but that needs to come to an end like every thing does.

"Is that your man?" an old woman commented out of nowhere. "No, madam, he is engaged."

"Oh, that sucks. He seems to be in love with you. He keeps looking in our spot."

My lips formed a smile. "It wasn't his place to be in love though."

"Darling, love is flexible. Sometimes you say that because you can't accept it. But he is in love with you. Eyes never lie. All I can say is that- don't waste days, life is short, tell him you love him too. Before it gets late." the old woman tuck my hair into my ear and pressed my cheeks.

I didn't dare to speak a word but the saying seem to carve in my heart. The sincerity was shown and felt too.

Sometimes, strangers are better than people you know too well.

"Thank you, madam. You are amazing."

She smiled at me and whispered, "I'm rooting for you."

While I was walking away and going back to the cashier, I checked the places if William or Martina came back, we shouldn't be left alone here. I could not bare to be with Tewksbury.

"Are they back?" I ask.

"I wonder what took them so long." he replied and trying to avoid my gaze. I pretend to look for somewhere else since I found myself being distracted at him. I hate him.