- twenty three

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

Thinking about the situation bothers me. Wedding was about to start tomorrow and I can't accept it, still. Seeing Enola earlier again made me wanted to hold her in my arms and cradle her until she fell asleep. Those thoughts kept getting in my mind which made me up. I should be getting sleep by now.

Later on, a knock on my door was heard. "It's open."

Mother walked in and sat down on my little wooden chair. "Still not asleep? What's bothering you?"

"I can't sleep, mother." I said and bent a little to make me sit down on my bed. Mother looked at me with sincerity and replied, "There must be a reason, son. Tell me what is it."

I took a gulp before I could even answer. "I don't want to get married. If I do, I would want it to be with-"

"Enola." Mother commented. "I know it, son. Ever since then you showed her lots of affection and I can see she's a good woman for you but you know how much we needed power, right?"

"I understand mother.... But, can you at least let me out this night? I wanted to see Enola."

Mother held my hand and smiled, "Okay. Tell her everything I'm sure she would want to hear those."

"Thank you Mother." I kissed her cheek and hurriedly went to change my clothes. As the time was ticking, I ride on a carriage my mother prepared for me. Cold breeze of midnight. Stars. Heart racing. A lot was running into my mind.

Reaching her house, I quickly make an appearance and luckily, the house still has lights on. "Enola!" I shouted from here. I heard footsteps and later on the gate was opened.

"What are you doing here?" She looked at me and was supposed to say something but did not continue since I hugged her. My face was buried in her neck that I could smell her scent. She smelled like marshmallows, as always.

We went inside the house and locked her gate. She looked at me, questioning. "Are you alright?"

I chuckled and said, "Just wanted to uh.. see you, I guess." Her facial expression changed from being confused to soft.

"Oh Tewky.." Enola grabbed my hand and we went into her room, her room was filled with flowers. Her bedsheet was plain white and glancing at every single detail of it, she was kind of messy. Yet, I love it. My candle was there. Near her bed, she smells it a lot I could tell. "Your room smells like me." I said.

"So this is my room, do you like it?" Enola said, in an adorable way. This woman has pureness inside her which is I can't contain.

After a while, we decided to go on the roof; since it was night, the stars looked amazing and the view looks great. As we were sitting, we are gazing at the stars and talking about how beautiful it is. I was looking at her and not saying a single word, thinking that life could've been better with her in it.  "Stop staring at me like that." Enola glanced at me and took an instance of breath. I sniggered and replied, "Sure." but still, not taking my eyes off her. She punched my right arm and I hugged her instead, she does not like to be babied but I'm doing it anyways.

Enola couldn't move from my tight hug which made her groan. "Okay Tewky, get me out now! You stinky!"

"Really? But my scent was all over your room?" I let out a little laugh and kissed her forehead which calmed her a bit. "I was about to get mad but yeah thanks for that." Enola rolled her eyes. I picked on her nose too, I don't know. She's cute.

Enola Holmes' POV :

After that, Tewksbury and I went outside since it was now 3 in the morning and he has to go home. Before he steps out of my gate, he caressed my face and plants a kiss on my lips. "God, I thought everything will be better if I forget about you. That's why I left you.. but why did I end up having a hard time being away with you again?" He said and tried not to shed a tear.

"I-I won't be gone... I'll be here still, supporting you and her." I held his face and hugged him again. My own words kills me inside, nothing hurts than supporting him with another. I wish it was me, I really do. We are left by our tears again and since we both know that the wedding day, it will be very hard for us to move on and look forward. I embraced him tightly and he whispered in a sad tone. "Don't say that, please.."

"The carriage is waiting for you. Now go, I'll be alright. I promise." I removed his hand on my waist and tried not to break my voice as much as possible. He looks at me with those eyes and nodded, "I promise." I made sure to highlight the word 'promise' to assure him.

As he goes out, I feel how heavy my heart is. It's obvious that I never wanted him to go but if this is fate; then I have to let it all go.

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

The carriage goes on and I had fallen back into my realizations- that I would get married tomorrow. My heart hurts to left her again, but I had to. I arrived in the House of Lords with puffy eyes but that doesn't matter. I have to get ready for tomorrow's event. While walking inside and going to my room, a voice called me. "Tewksbury?"

I turned around and saw Martina's mother. "What?"

"Did you went outside? Are you meeting some girl, cheater?" her Mother gazed at me with bad, awful looking eyes and crossed her arms. "Deal with your drama alone. I need to sleep." I continue to walk in and closed the door.

I had to be ready for tomorrow.

The wedding to be exact.

-

Happy 3k reads!! <3