- nineteen

Lord Tewksbury's POV :

It has been days since I haven't been seeing Enola ever since our families wanted me to get married. I was locked up in this house and even Martina, she was forbidden to meet up with her friends and this just feels so cruel. I can't even open my mailbox, all I do is write unsent letters. There is no chance Enola will see those letters, but, I will find a way. I will soon find a way.

I still have her old letters, unluckily, all I do is just reread them. Each is written with so much idiocy and love at the same time. I wonder if she's missing me too? Will she ever still miss me when one day, the country will show my name up.. being married with the Campbell's daughter— Martina? A lot of thoughts are running into my mind.

But as much as I wanted to let her know, I can't. I can't go out without mother's consent, like a curious teenager who begs for freedom to go outside alone. I left my room to go and ask for it, I needed to tell her all these things...

"Mother,"

"Yes?" Mother answered while brushing her hair.

"M-may I go out for an hour? I-I really need to tell Enola that I can't be with her... I hate to leave her there..." I was trying to control my emotions.

My mother took a deep sigh and replied, "Fine, fine. Just for today. And you know what to tell her, son."

( play exile by taylor swift , click the vid from the beginning!  )

I instantly walked away and find a carriage to ride, I lead the way into Enola's house and was dropped by. The carriage was outside waiting, as I kept taking a little steps before entering the gate. My heart hammers a lot at this time. While I make an entrance, I already saw her shadow. I walked to her direction and whispered, "Enola?"

She turns to me and had her eyes almost teary. "Tewksbury!"

I buried my face into her neck and she stroked my back, "I missed you, Tewksbury..."

I sniffed my nose and took an intake of breath before I formally man myself up and tell her those things.

"I haven't seen you in days, you should have called, or even send me letters..... You don't have to leave me hanging.." Hearing her complain upsets me, knowing that I'll upset her more after I tell her...

-

Enola Holmes POV :

"I...Pardon me for that, Enola.." He said and from his tone, he sounded like a very unstable man who tries to be a very strong, independent one.

"But, I need to tell you something important."

I was staring at him, waiting for his statement, "What is it?"

"You and I, we need to end this... I thought that maybe loving you is the best reward I could give ever since you left, I felt the need to give more.. But then, lately, I started to wish that....." Tewksbury stated, I can sense he's gasping an air, he looks quite terribly down.

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending

"I, uh-" my words were cut off when he said,

"I started to wish that maybe you shouldn't come back in the first place."

You're not my homeland anymore
So what am I defendin' now?

No, you don't have to hurt me like this. I was out of words, felt uneasy and I don't know but how.. when.... why? How can he say those things?

"You don't mean it.. I know under your breath, you don't..." I went unto him and trying not to shed a single tear. He stared at me back and even tried to avoid my eyes but then he just uttered a word,