#18 ~ Candy

_________________________________

"Deuce... Hey, Deuce! Wake up!"

"Ace... it's 1 AM, what do you want?"

"Just come with me. Be careful not to make noise."

With his eyes still lidded, Deuce followed his dorm mate into a dark corridor of Ramshackle dorm. The old wooden floor creaked beneath them, the moonlight seeping through a window the only source of light.

"So?"

With a smirk on his face, Ace took off a crooked painting from the wall, revealing a breach in the wallpaper, a small door in the middle. Deuce's sleepy eyes widened at the sight of the pile of sweets and snacks inside the hideout.

"Say goodbye to sugar deprivation~" 

"Wait!"

"Ah?"

"It's really... no, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Relax! I'm sure Vil has no idea about this..." 

"What about Yuu?"

Ace stopped from grabbing another fist of candy. He shrugged "I don't think he'll get mad if we borrow some. Plus, who said we can't buy these at the Mystery Shop and replace what we ate?"

"You... put them back."

"I'm hungry."

"Yuu's going to notice."

"...Nope!"

Ace disappeared with the candy into the darkness. Deuce ran after him, but in the attempt to stop his escape, he made both of them fall on the floor. A loud thud pierced the silence.

But the other boy wasted no time. He freed himself form Deuce's grasp, grabbing the closest snacks before rushing back to his room.

"H-hey! Wait for me!"

"It's so dark, I can't see anything..."

"Deuce, take these" the one next to him took the sweets. With his freed hand, Ace began to search for the door.

"Ace?"

"What is it now?"

"Aren't you going to give me the candy?"

"I just gave them to you."

"No, you didn't."

They froze. Someone turned on the lights, revealing that Deuce had been behind him the whole time... without any snacks.

"Bonsoir."

_________________________________

A/N: knowing the glutton Grim is, I think it wouldn't be that weird if Yuu had a place where he hides some of his snacks from him. Also F in the chat for Ace and Deuce 😅