#19 ~ Book

_________________________________

The door closed behind him, followed by the click of the lock.

A drawer opened, a book being taken out with care like it was made of glass.

Its first pages were adorned with pressed herbs from the fields near his home in his childhood, the white spaces filled with shaky letters. A few pages later, the first photos of animals and people appear, the calligraphy next to them more and more precise.

To the simple beauty of the fields and everyday life events, the verses begin to wonder into darker matters, wonderig about the frailty of life itself.

The endless seas of grass and warm colours of the Afterglow Savannah are suddenly replaced with the surroundings and the faces of Night Raven College. The story of almost three years, told by photos and thoughts about everything that caught his attention and curiosity.

A new picture is added on a clear page.

He had grown used to the sight of death, but never did he witness a rebirth from that close.

It was a picture of Vil, smiling at the camera with a new light in his eyes. He had almost fully recovered from the Overblot and he was already more beautiful than ever.  

_________________________________

A/N: just a few headcanons I came up with :)