⚠ #2 ~ Coffin

major character death, boyxboy  

_________________________________

Gathering the last bits of confidence he had, he laid his hand on the doorknub, ready to open the black door... but he couldn't. Watery beads were already gathering at the corners of his eyes, his body frozen by anticipation.

"We're here, Ace." Although his hand and voice were comforting, the other boy's teal eyes held the same sadness that clutched his heart. He took a deep breath. The door opened.

The five first year students made their way through the living wall of students, all gathered in the Mirror Chamber. The headmaster and the teachers, along with the dorm leaders and their vices, they were all gathered around him.

Him. He was just a magicless human who appeared out of nowhere in that college a few months before. Yet, everyone from that very college gathered that day to see him. To thank him. To say their last goodbye from him.

But he couldn't hear their voices, nor he could see their tears.

Because his body lied inside the very coffin from where he first gazed into that new world. The soft, shy smile that always brought those around him comfort and joy was still painted on his ghostly pale face, like a spell not even death was able to break.

At the sight of the dead body of his friend, Ace couldn't hold back anymore. He kneeled beside the coffin, hiding his tear-laced face in his arms. It became red with anger at the memory of the Prefect's death. Thank the Great seven that racoon isn't here...!

***

The light of the candles fell gentle on his cold face. Like a reaper who came to accompany him to the other side, Malleus appeared from the darkness of the empty chamber. 

He wanted to be alone with him, just like during all those nights  outside the Ramshakle dorm.

Kneeling beside him, he caressed his forehead, moving his raven curls aside, revealing the boy's now ghostly pale forehead.

The fae closed his eyes, leaving a brief, innocent kiss on the Prefect's lips.

"I love you, Yuu."

"...I love you too, Tsunotarou." 

_________________________________

A/N: These two. These. Two.