⚠ #26 ~ Octavinelle

Implied death

Unspecified MC (they/them)

_________________________________

"Guys? Where are you?"

The beam of light pierced through the darkness as they hoped to find their friends hidded behind one of the old bookshelves.

"Hello? Is someone here? Guys?"

Wandering around the abandoned library, they came across a crooked bookcase. Behind it, a staircase descended towards a half opened door.

"Guys, are you in there?" the wood creaked loudly under their feet.

With a bit of struggle, they pushed the door fully open. The irregular iron surface has been consumed by rust while the lock appeared to have been forced. 

They entered a room with dirty white walls, the light falling on an untidy bed, an old radio, more books consumed by time and raws of water bootles and canned food. 

Hid in a corner of the room, right behind the bed, they found an open notebook and a pencil.

Except for the date, the rest of the letters were still lizible.

"I'm finally safe. Safe from my own creations.

I...  I still can't believe what just happened. I spent years and years to research a way to bring them to life and maybe even more to take the necessary precautions to make this safe for all four of us... and yet here I am, trapped inside my own hideout as they try to break down the door. Judging from the punching and the calling, Floyd is getting more and more nervous by the second.

I hear Jade too, but not as well as his brother. I can't figure out if he's trying to calm him down or if he's encouraging him. Knowing him, probably both.

I have to find a way to get out of here. My supplies can suffice me for an entire year, but I can't just-

No. Oh no, no, no.

They're breaking down the door. I have nowhere else to hide."

Bring the dead back to life? Wasn't it just an urban legend?

"Oya, oya, it appears that we have visitors tonight..."

They jolted at the sound of the foreign voice. They turned around, only to see a boy about their age with silver hair. His outfit was peculiar, the white coat seemenlgy made from bandages...

He chuckled "My apologies, I didn't mean to scare you."

They remained silent. The man approached them with a gentle smile "I'm Azul Ashengrotto, owner of this mansion."

"I... Oh... Oh. Oh, I'm so sorry! I thought this place was abandoned!"

"Don't worry, it happens rather often... in the state it is in, no one would suspect this house is owned by someone..." his eyes stared at them, glowing with cold light "Even so, you still broke through my property... We can't overlook something like that, can we?"

"I-I'm sorry! I'm going to leave imme-" he gripped their wrist.

"I'm afraid you'll have to face the consequences of your actions."

"Azuuuul! Why is it taking you sooo long?" a male voice whimpered from upstairs. A tall man stopped on the steps, a gleam dancing in his golden eye as he met the startled gaze of the newcomer, his grin revealing razor-sharp teeth.

"Floyd, please take care of our visitor while I go start the engines with Jade."

"Wait! What? Where are you going? What are you- mmmgh!" the other man wrapped his arms around their figure, almost squeezing them.

"Don't worry, little shrimp~ we're going to take good care of you~"

They squirmed and screamed, leaving the notebook fall back on the ground. The stranger carried them over his shoulder, leading them to the laboratory the mysterious scientist gave life to him, his brother and Azul...

The same laboratory where their creator lost their own.

_________________________________