CHAPTER 2

Love is when you're afraid of losing it.

EVAN'S POV-

Oh my god! Whom did my eyes meet just now. It's Evelyn. My first friend. It's so happy to see her after so many years but somewhere it hurts too. But I don't think her parents bought her here to take admission. I mean, why would they allow her to study in this school? She should be studying in schools with very high level of education. I am numb. Don't know whether to wave a hello to her. It's so hard looking her from distant. All these things started running in my mind making it a total mess as I took a sit in my class. Despite being afraid of how her parents would react after knowing that we moved in here, I wanna go and call her. My heart wants to have those sweet talks with her now. She's finally near me. I finally saw her after fucking 4 years.

Times passed and classes were getting over one by one. But I was still thinking about her. It's my heart that both aches and feels good. She has grown up so gorgeous. Even though she is so simple and doesn't apply too much of makeup,she still looks so flawless. And in this way, I couldn't concentrate in my classes.

Being the topper of my class, teachers always expect me to answer the questions and I do. Yes, that's because mom taught me that education is the key to everything good out there. It can make everything possible. Also, it's what I enjoy. It feels so happy to see my mom being proud when the faculties appreciate me in front of other people. I wanna grow up gaining more and more knowledge to make my mom more proud.

Pulling out of my thoughts as I realized that today it turned out to be the opposite. I was lost in her thoughts and couldn't answer a single question that led to the disappointment between my teachers and me.

Today's classes are finally over and I am all set to go back home now. I waited some time for Steven and the we made our way out.

EVELYN'S POV -

I saw my Evan today. He's grown up more handsome but I can sense the feeling that he is still my sweetheart. I am smiling to myself remembering how we had spent our childhood days. Going to play and doing so many notorious things. We also got injured several times. I didn't dare to go back my home in that way. So, he took me to their home and his mother had taken so much care of me that time. I miss her too. She was such a lovely woman. I haven't met her from years just like Evan. I remember how they left. That hurts. But I can overlook them because I can discern that they might go through some problems that they did this to me. When they left, I cried a lot. Without any reason, they left like that. My parents tried to best to the help me that time.

"This place is quite peaceful. I wanna stay here a bit and enjoy the beauty of the nature". I told my mom and dad when we were about to go back home. Dad was about to give me a 'no' as always. He usually doesn't allow me to go anywhere alone. But mom isn't like this. She understands that sometimes we need a peaceful 'me-time.' So, she replied me with a 'yes'. Although, I said I wanted to feel the beauty of the nature here, but my aim was something else. It was to meet him, Evan Anderson. To have a good talk with him. I was waiting for so many years to meet him and today is the chance that I can't miss at all.

The school is over finally and he is coming back. I waited for some minutes near the school gate until my eyes landed on him who was coming with another boy. They must be classmates.

His eyes too spotted me. And these eyes contacts, directly goes to my heart. His eyes are the most beautiful things I have ever seen. They are so precious.

I don't know why but he kinda gave an unexpected reaction, like he isn't that excited to meet me. He walked to the other direction instead of coming towards me. I didn't mind that much and went after him.

"Hey, Evan!" I called him from back.

He turned towards me with a smirk.

I have posted the 2nd chapter, wow! Chapter might be short but I wanna end it here so that next chapter feels more interesting to read.
Happy Reading! :)