CHAPTER 3

"I want to feel the feeling of loving her."

EVAN'S POV-

It's not that I don't wanna meet her. I wanna have those amiable moments with her again, I do. But a part of me is scared to get attached to her again. What if we get apart? Because I know I will never be able to control my feelings for my girl, Evelyn. She was the person I was the closest to and after being apart from her, that trauma haunts me now when I am think of to getting closer to her.

Pulling out of my thoughts as I almost reach the school gate,I saw her standing near the gate looking for me. Does she hate me now? Is she here to give a tight slap on my face for what she thinks I did to her in the past? I am panicking to go to her. So, I am took another turn moving to other side of the path.

As I walked a little further, I heard her calling my name. I stood still and got lost in my thoughts again. Soon, I turned to her with a slight smile. I have seen how graceful she has grown up in these years. She might be flawed but when it comes to her, I am anticipating to embrace them.

Snapping out to reality, I went near her. "Hello, Evelyn! Nice to meet you after years. How are you doing?", I asked her. I just don't know how to react. I am numb right now. I can't believe I am dazed here in front of her asking how she is. I am not so strong to keep my eyes on her, that shit hurts.

Looking on her face as I hear her saying "I am good, what about you?"

I replied her, "I am good too" keeping a fake smile on my face.

"Do you want to go to a nearby cafe and have a talk?", she asked and I can see a ray of hope in her eyes. I finally realized she doesn't hate me even after so much.

Without a second thought, I replied with a frightening expression, "I am sorry to say but I can't go today. I have a lot of pending works at home." I spotted the disappointment on her face as soon as I declined her. I am sorry Evelyn, but I am scared to death as it would go wrong and how bad the consequences will be. There are some people who urge to keep you and me apart. It hurts how she is close to me now and yet so far.

EVELYN'S POV-

It felt like my heart broke as I heard him saying no. I was so excited to meet him and expected the same reaction back. But all those are just left as expectations that didn't turn out to be in real. I don't know if I should hate him for doing this or dig more into him.

I heard my car coming to pick me up and driver instructing to get in.

Pulling out of my thoughts as I step in my home and hear my mom saying," Welcome home, my girl! How was your me-time?"

"It was peaceful, mom", I faked these words to her and pretended a smile.

I left the hall and went to my room. I did random stuffs to get distracted from Evan's thoughts. The day passed and it was already the time for dinner.

One of the maids of our house,came to me and called me out for dinner. The dinning table would be set up with some tasty dishes and I can smell them everytime I would enter the hall. Dinners are always so fun with my mom and dad and there's no other person because I am the only child of my parents and that's why I say, I live like a princess.

Snapping out of my thoughts as I see mom and dad waiting for me to have dinner. I pulled out my assigned sit between mom and dad. I was having some sausage ragu over creamy polenta, which feels very romantic and delicious. On spur of a moment, my dad brought up the school topic.

"You will be joining the school that we went today from next week that is on Monday", he lets me know.

"So soon, it's already Saturday and there's only a day in between. I haven't prepared myself", I claimed.

"It's okay, don't get nervous. Just relax and prepare now", my mom says with a cheering smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was yesterday when I got to know about my new school. That school was not much of high standard but it was very pretty. I really like it's surroundings,simple yet relaxing. It also has a lake near where you can sit for some time that makes you feel relief.

Nature has always fascinated me towards it. Rather than towns and cities, I have more likings for staying at a place where there is greenery. It is so soothing. Whenever I am in a bad mood, I just go to the place of my house which is maintained like a natural garden. So many flowers and trees. Just sitting under a tree and then and gazing at the sky makes you feel good. It's the remedy for your spoiled mood.

I liked this school in my first visit because it has less students. Also there are not heavy decorations with too many expensive stuffs. But just some natural beauty near it. I hope the students will be good too. This time, I am looking forward to make new friends there.

"Are you prepared for tomorrow?"Mom asks as she enters my room and making me snap out of my thoughts.

"You can say that", I replied.

"Be calm, you're going to have good days here", she tries to cheer me up.

"I too wish for that, mom", I said.

I was so lost in pondering about what happened to Evan and why he ignored me yesterday. Despite other facts, I forgot the most heart afflicting fact that I have to study in the same school where he studies. Oh, gosh! How will I bear that? If everything had been the same, I would be happy to study with him in the same school. But over time, relationships drown when the mutual feelings change.

Hello readers! Thank you to all who have come till here. This means a lot.
~Xoxo:)