CHAPTER 7

"Only you understand how much pain dwells in your heart."

EVELYN'S POV-

Just as I was making my way out the school, my eyes landed on the girl who I wanted to see at last, Lexi. What the hell is she doing here? Suddenly, I saw Evan shaking hands with her with a smile in his face. Knowing they know each other, I got so angry.

Heaving out of my thoughts as I see her eyes meet mine. Lexi gives me a smile that didn't even reach her eyes. I went past them throwing an annoying look at her.

Waiting for my car to pick me up, I saw mom and dad in our car nearing to me.

"Get in", mom says me with a smirk.

I got in and the driver started the engine driving to my house.

****************
I took a nap for 4 hours after lunch. It's not me who takes a long nap but today, I didn't want to wake up and feel miserable. I know, I will overthink about today's incident. A feeling of jealousy raises in me as I remember about Evan and Lexi knowing each other. They were looking like good friends or whatever, they shouldn't be more than that. Evan was talking pleasingly with her which he does not do with me right now. He ignored me. Why do I have to feel jealous? I hate this feeling. There is nothing between us now, neither there was. He is free to talk to any girl. I can't stop him. We are no less than strangers. But why doesn't my heart understand it? It's my mind that speaks these. The most difficult battle going in you is between your heart and mind that show different paths.

"Sir and Madam is calling you for having supper", I hear Diana, one of my maids, announcing it. I sank deep in my thoughts and hours passed. I can feel a headache that was about to burst my head. I nodded at her. Combing my hair that was fully messed up, I lead towards the hall.

I started my meal with my parents as I hear mom asking me, "Do you remember Evan?" My heart skipped a beat hearing mom saying his name. What should I answer? I nodded at her hesitantly.

"I saw him in your school gate today and he was wearing the school uniform so you both are studying in the same school now."

Before I could say something, dad interrupted in a very angry tone. His face turned fearful. He didn't like Evan from the very beginning and hearing his name after 4 years made him so angry. Why does he hate him so much?

"What is that boy doing here?", he interrogated.

What does he mean by doing here? It's his choice where he wants to be. Dad sounds like he controls him.

"I don't know, dad. I didn't see him from so many years." I lied as I didn't want my parents to question me about him. I saw him on the very first day went to the school and knew he is a student here. I just want no more talks about him.

"No way, you will not study in the same school with him. "

I was shocked at what dad said.

EVAN'S POV -

I was in my study room when I saw mom, Vinnie Anderson, entering with a tensed look.

"What's wrong, mom?"

"He is here. Very angry. "

"Who is that he?"

"Ryon Ellen."

I pushed my chair in an instant. Mom's eyes were teary in fear. "Why is he here?" I asked mom in a very conscious tone.

"Son, I am not sure. Did you see anyone of his family?"

"No". Then there I lied. I couldn't tell her about meeting Evelyn. And that now we study in the same school, her family will know that we shifted here back very soon. I should hide or fight against her father? I don't know, my mind is blank.

"I don't know what he will do if he comes to know we are here." Mom looks into my eyes. I feel so bad looking her like this. I wish I can give her happiness.

"Don't worry, mom. Let's talk to him", I try to calm her down and we walked in the direction where he was standing.

"What do you think of yourselves backward people?" Her dad shouts at us.

Mom got shook by his yell and stood speechless. I couldn't utter any word.

"Just get out of here right now and don't you give the guts to your son to talk to my daughter. "

He went back to his car shutting the door in our face. Mom and me stood there lowering our heads.

After 1 week~

"The cab is here. Carry your bags." I hear mom say from her room. I carried my bags to the cab and was waiting for my mom to come out.

Last week, Evelyn's dad came and ordered us to go away from here. He can go till any extent if we don't listen to him. Mom and me decided to go back to South Carolina, where we had spent 4 years. I was born here in San Francisco. It is my birth place and we should actually reside here. But situations don't allow us. We have to keep running from here and there. I have no choice.

Pulling out of my thoughts, I see mom coming and sitting beside me. Her face was pale. I can say she is exhausted. She was about to burst out crying. I couldn't do anything but sat down silent. Thousands of thoughts are running in my mind. I want to finish my studies soon and earn money so that mom and me can live by ourselves and without others controlling us.

After 1 day~

"Hope to meet you soon." Steven was saying me from the other side of the call. I am gonna miss him so much. He was always my support system and I am sure he will be. Those days studying with him, walking around and sharing good plus bad memories are so efficient to make our journey memorable and meaningful.

"Did you see Evelyn?" I asked him.

"Yes, she looks like thinking something deep. "

"May be she got the scribbled note."

"You're right."

I tried to stop myself from thinking about her.

Let me ask you guys, do you smell any secret behind Ryon Ellen, Evelyn's dad? Why did he get so furious?