CHAPTER 10

I am guarded by the most powerful angel, my mom.

EVAN'S POV -

Waking up to the sound of the alarm clock, I sit down and check the time. 8 a.m. Finally, it's Sunday. Last week was very hectic in work. Shifting from here and there, talking with many businesses men around the world. Although it was very rapid and restless, I experienced many things of a business man's life. Days were full of non-stop working and some literally bad pizzas in the intervals.

My boss helped me a lot to understand the matters thoroughly. How to interact with others, solving problems and many aspects related to business. She said that if I go on working in this way,I would be a successful business man one day. Also, a billionaire.

Money is not what I greed much. All I adore is emotions, love and knowledge. But at this situation of my life, all I have to do is earn money. Not to be a billionaire, but to be a person who can stand on his own feet. Gift mom every thing she likes and all the happiness she deserves. Our past is dark. Mom and I have lived a tough life. Mom's love is what keeps me strong and gives the will to live. Running from one place to another, being controlled by others. Even our everyday expenses by paid by someone else who has been ruling us.

My very first motive was to study and be a well educated person who is respected too, not for money but for the sake of humanity. That motive has changed. Circumstances of life has forced me to focus on money now.

People say I am a good employee. But sometimes I mocked at my back just because my colleague, who is also by bestfriend, Raven gets more opportunities. No doubt, he is a better and experienced business men. I am not jealous of him. Some gullible employees create fake scenes about us being competitive with each other. Him and I are very open about all these issues. We both know there are no such things. He always helped me get through things, even in business.

Yes,Raven is my bestfriend. But I won't forget to mention Steven too, the boy who was my emotional support system and still is. We are very distant from each others. That wouldn't break our friendship. Spending time with him was done the last before 3 years. That is when I was in San Francisco. Life in North Carolina has been tough for some months. But soon and soon, it got better when I started doing job. I hope we will soon stop relying on someone else.

Pulling out of my thoughts as I hear the notification of my phone popping up,my eyes landed on the screen.

"Sorry to say Evan but you have to come to work today at 9:30. We have got an contract and that's important. We can't miss it at all."

By~
Lexi Lopez, the boss of the company 'Heaven Home' where I perform the duty of a safety and environmental manager.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After reaching office, I talked with Lexi about the contract and made processes about it. Opening Lexi's door,I saw her dad there. They were discussing something. More about business matters.

Her company works on making amusement rides and carnival rides that are mechanical devices that move people to create enjoyment. They are more for children. The products are environmental friendly and harmless for kids. They are supplied to many parks in different countries. The reason behind her opening this company is, she loves amusement parks. When she was a kid,she was always excited about them. So, she decided earlier that when she grows up, she will create more enjoyable rides for making kids happier. She is doing the thing she loves and she is going on well with it. I hope someday she will achieve more and more success.

The secret of her running a company at such a young age is her dad. I heard he is a billionaire. He succeeded in his business and has branches all over the world. But no one knows what his business is about. Media doubted if he was engaged with illegal activities along with his wife, who is said to be his business partner. In many interviews, he was
asked about his work. But he didn't announce a single word about his ongoing profession.

When Lexi started her company, media covered her with lots of questions about her parents. Just like her parents, she never answered too. I don't know what kind of a secret is that.

Lexi is a very strong girl. She also has a strong ego. She only cares about people she choose to. I know her from few years and she has helped me a lot. I got this job only because she hired me. Monthly salary is quite high here which solves my financial problems. It's not bad working with her. No doubt she is my friend, may be I don't know the real she. We are always straight forward to each other, good friends overall.

The point I don't like about her is her attitude towards people. If I am not wrong, she is kind of a bad bitch. I haven't said anything against her as she is all well with me. I don't know why she has helped such a poor boy like me. She only has relations with billionaires. But whatever it is, I am grateful for her help.

Snapping out of my thoughts as I reach the 'Beans 'n Cream Cafe', I took a single sitted table. Lexi said I can head to home and take rest. I decided to have something outside and pack up for mom.

As I heard from people, this caffe serves special sandwiches. They use a variety of different high quality breads, meats, cheeses, and vegetables. I decided to give it a try. As the waitress came, I ordered hot grilled sandwiches and a cold coffee, which is my favourite from years. Also, one more sandwich for my mom. I know she will be angry., "Son, I could have made better sandwiches for you" will be the first thing she says when she sees packets. She makes the best homemade sandwiches. Everything cooked by her is enough to make anyone's mouth watery. Mom's hand's magic, you know.

Letting out a small laugh within myself thinking about my cute mom, I ended my order with cheesecakes, biscuits, sweet rolls, cinnamon rolls, and biscotti cookies that I asked them to pack up.

I started scrolling my Instagram feeds after ordering. What I search most in instagram are memes. They can make me laugh anytime. Whenever I am bored or sad, I search for them. I don't understand my mood today. Last week was hectic in work so I didn't get much time for myself. But today, I am not feeling good. I feel like I am missing someone again. That pain.

I stood up shocked when I caught the sight of a girl who is mesmerizingly beautiful. And all that I need to fill up my heart with happiness. She was dressed up so classy and elegant that made my eyes flash.

In an instant, our eyes met.

"Evan" She called me softly.

"Evelyn"