CHAPTER 12

If two people are meant to be, the will eventually find their way back into each other's arms.
~Unknown

EVELYN'S POV-

Sounds from near but felt distant. The paramedic rushed me in. Nurses where running here and there.

"Evelyn Ellen. Age-19 years. Driving the scooty. An open cut in neck. Same cut in forehead. External cuts and bruises in the bodies. No report of internal injuries. Head is bleeding." One of the nurses yelled.

My eyes were glazed over. Faces of my parents were spinning around my mind. Evan's face displayed with so much sorrow. I couldn't say how much I love you, Evan. Goodbye. And then I fainted.

EVAN'S POV-

I saw the car rushing in front of Evelyn when she was riding the scooty. Both of the vehicles were out of control. Gigi turned paled. I didn't know what to do. I shouted at her to be careful. But she could not control. The car suddenly braked and Evelyn felt down from her scooty. I saw how the glasses of the car split over her body. My love just had an accident in front of my eyes. And I stood still. I can never forgive myself for it.

All the sounds of ambulance and nurses covered my ears. My breathing was restless. I ran to the hospital as the ambulance took her.

"Please don't let my parents know about it." All that Evelyn said in a second.

Hearing the words 'her parents' scared the hell out of me. I can't imagine what will her father do to me and mom after he knows about this. About her meeting me. And then facing an accident. On other side, there's Evelyn fighting for her life. Tears rolled down my eyes thinking about all these. But I don't care. All I care now is about Evelyn's recovery and health. Nothing can happen to her. She will be alright. I pleaded myself. My heart felt so heavy with the thought of losing her.

*******

It's 3 hours since the accident. The doctors had been treating Evelyn. She is senseless right now. Gigi and I am sitting in the corridor outside her room. I know Gigi is blaming herself for the accident right now. I have to look after her because she is just a little girl. Both of our eyes are red with tears.

"Who is with Miss Evelyn Ellen?" One of the doctor came out asking.

"I am, doctor." I stood up answering him. I am so curious and scared. I want to know how she is.

"We have fixed her cuts. Her arm is broken and she needs a surgery. Her senses are not back yet. But we are hoping for them to be back soon. Don't worry much." The doctor spoke in a kind and comforting manner.

"Thank you, doctor. Please make her well as soon as possible."

The doctor nodded. "You can go inside and check her." He instructed me.

I hurried to her room as soon as I heard him.

I saw my Evelyn lying on the bed. Eyes closed. Her lips are full of red marks. Cuts in her arms. I felt so sorry for her. Pain made me so weak looking her in this way. She doesn't deserve to be like this. I was full of tears.

I sat beside staring at her closely.

"Evelyn, please wake up. I can't keep looking at you like this. You're my only one. I love you so much. You can't leave me now. Please let me love you. I want you with me. I will be left incomplete without you. My love, please wake up." I cried saying these words to her.

"Stay with me Evan. I want only you right now." I suddenly hear her speaking. My heart jumped into happiness. She woke up. My love woke up. Her words were so comforting.

I looked into her eyes. Our eyes were looked into each other's. "I am there with you. I will be. Forever." I replied her.

She pulled me near her. Our faces were so close. My gazed flicked to her lips. It was so close to mine. I know we shouldn't be this close. It's wrong. But I want to kiss her so badly right now. I am aching for her.

Our lips met. I placed a passionate kiss on them. I realized how hungry I am for her kisses. She pulled me closer and replied more passionately to my kiss.