CHAPTER 4

He is not my bestfriend just because he can make me laugh when I am already in joyful mood, but also when I am sad.

EVAN'S POV-

From yesterday, there's not a single second I haven't thought about Evelyn. How can I even express how much I miss and want her now? A part of me wants her near me and another part of me is scared getting close.

Just as all these thoughts were running in my mind, I hear my bestfriend, Steven Lewis, shouting my name from the entrance gate of my house. My bestfriend is a total shit. He even feels lazy to come in my house. Instead, he will shout from outside. This is just one of those stupid behaviors of him. Letting out a sigh, I went outside to check on him. There he was standing acting like an innocent being but he is the actual ass.

"What's wrong with you, idiot? How many minutes do you need to come out? My throat got sore shouting out your name so many times",he barks at me. "It's all your mistake, you should have gone inside. Doesn't matter if your throat got sore, you're still loud as fuck", I barked back at him. If we are going to continue this, our bones will be broken by the end.

"Okay, now stop barking and state your reason for coming to me", I said. "Idiot, it's you who said yesterday that you have something to share with me", he replied. Oh shit, I was about to say him about Evelyn. Because it's too much to handle and it feels relief to share it with him. "Let's go the park and watch those sticky couples, LMAO", I let out a laugh saying about the task which we do most of the times.

I got ready while he waited in the street. We made our ways out of my home.

Me and Steven reached the nearby park some minutes ago. We did chit-chat with bundles of giggling . And this is absolutely undeniable when you're with your best friend. No matter how much cheerless you're, you are going to laugh hard with their company.

Steven is my best friend from 4 years. Much as, these years were hard. I always thought about Evelyn and why things have turned out this way. Sometimes, I feel like running to her and solve everything but other times, I feel empty and just miss her.

Steven is the only one with whom I have shared everything about her. I met him after our friendship broke. Slowly and steadily, I kept sharing my emotions with him and over time, he learned to know me the best. He made my years easier with him.

"It's okay, let go the past and focus on how you can make your present better", Steven advised me when I told him about meeting Evelyn. My mind says he is right. To solve our misunderstandings and have a fine relationship with her. Thinking about the past hurts more and how badly I wish to undo those bad days.

"I will try", I replied him.

While walking with him, I saw a girl whose eyes were on her cell phone. She was laughing looking at something on it.

"Ouch"

"I am sorry"

"Hey, it's me who should be sorry"

The girl whose eyes were on her phone instead of looking forward and walking carefully, collided with me.

It wasn't my mistake but not minding it much, I apologized to her first. She said me sorry too and gave a cool smile walking past me.

That place gave a good view of the park so I stood there for some time with Steven and talked pleasantly.

When I was about to go, an object had hit my leg. I looked down and saw a mini purse. I realized it belongs the girl and she dropped it here when collided with me.

I tried to look for her but she already went. So careless, she didn't feel like she dropped something, may be because it is a little one. Thinking to return it the next time I meet her, I picked it up and took home.

Please do vote if you have reached till here and read the next chapters too. That would encourage me so much.