CHAPTER 17

And from the chaos of her soul, there flowed beauty.
~Unknown

After 5 years~

EVELYN'S POV-

"HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO YOU, EVELYN ELLEN." I became emotional just as I heard a huge crowd of people in my front wishing me on my day of birth.

Screaming swarms of people wearing expensive golden outfits as it is it my birthday party theme ran through the house. Big bubbles floated in the air and golden balloons flew around aimlessly on the floor and upwards. Many banners wishing me were sticked on the walls. There were gatherings and giggles of people as far as my eyes could see and ears could hear. I have never been this happier.

I looked beside me when I found Evan standing there who is already staring at me. Then my eyes landed on Mom and Dad who looked so happy together. I couldn't be happier. They are the most important people in my life and having them by my side always is what I desire for. My forever birthday wish will be to keep them happy.

A huge cake covered in thick golden icing and decorated with tiny white roses sat in the middle of the table with a golden knife on its side. I took the knife to cut the cake when everyone started clapping and singing the happy birthday song. I took out a piece of the delicious cake and fed Evan a bit of it and he placed a kiss on my forehead. I then moved to mom and dad and fed equally them. They hugged me together.

After it was over, I walked around the party holding Evan's hand when everyone greeted me and handed me their gifts that were covered with golden wrappers. I got flower bouquets and it filled my hand. A sweet melody was running through the atmosphere of the hall and fairy lights were adding colour of joy in the party.

"I am so happy that everything is well now." I heard Vinnie Anderson, Evan's mom claiming when we were having a talk with her.

"Don't worry, it will be always. I love how you and my mom have build up a great friendship." I said remembering how everything was so messed up one day and how it turned out to be now. It feels like a dream that I don't want to end.

That night, when dad, me and mom went out for dinner was the day when everything got exposed. Mom freaked out when dad explained her everything. I saw tears rolling down her cheeks. Dad tried to calm her but it wasn't useful. She freaked out and left the dinner. We ran after her but we didn't find her at home too. We searched her everywhere and after two days, we found her at a hotel at North Carolina. Dad was so broken looking at her. But I can understand it was too heavy for mom to handle. She asked for some time and dad agreed. After some days, she returned back home when dad still kept apologizing. She understood the whole situation and forgave dad. Next day, I called Evan my home and I was so surprised to see how finely my parents treated him. They already took him as their son-in-law. From that day, love grew between Evan and me. Soon, Evan's mom too got along with my family. Specially, she has a great bond with my mom. We three do so many outings and yes, we are shopping lovers. Dad got along with Evan too. He helped Evan in getting his degrees and masters. Evan left Lexi's business the next day when everything got better. He didn't work again and concentrated on his studies. My family helped them financially and it was without taking anything back. Evan couldn't tolerate what Lexi did and Steven warned that she might do it again. It's better to stay away from her. She still tried to break us but we got through it. Over time, Lexi too realized her mistake. She apologized to me from her behavior earlier and then Evan. Everything is pretty perfect now.

I snapped out to reality when I saw my birthday party being held. We looked at the stage back when I heard dad being ready for his speech. His hands were around mom's shoulders when he started as "Good evening to ladies and gentlemen out there. Thank you for attending my daughter's birthday party. Today, I, Ryon Ellen is so overwhelmed with happiness. I would like to announce proudly that my daughter is getting married to the best professor of the greatest university of the world, Master Evan Anderson in the next month on 28th. I cordially invite you all to their wedding. Concluding my speech here, thank you."

The joyous music started playing by the pianists when he announced it. This is the happiest day of my life.

Time stopped when Evan leaned to place his lips on mine. My heart pounded in his chest and I could only sense how soft his lips felt against my mouth.

I didn't know what I did to have this moment in my life. But I am so grateful to God for gifting me such a beautiful life. Evan's fingers curled around mine when they got stuck with each others tightly.

He stopped me saying that "You forgot something."

"Omg, what?" I panicked.

"You forgot to give me a chance to tell how much I love you."

I deepened my kiss listening this. My love for him grows everyday.

We all cheered when the music played,

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

I'm standin' there

On a balcony in summer air

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

See you make your way through the crowd

And say, "Hello"

Little did I know

That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

And I was cryin' on the staircase

Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

~THE END~

A/N:Oh my god, guys! I am the happiest today. I can't believe I completed the first ever novel of my life. I don't know how to expresssss my happiness.