CHAPTER 11

"Some things must be left unsaid."

EVAN'S POV-

"Please have a sit". I said with a glee on my face.

I saw her entering the cafe. Our eyes clashed in a split-second. She was alone.

Sitting on the chair front of me, she was just steering her view by bits and pieces. I guess she didn't know how to look at me. Her blonde hair was shining like the sun which made me glow. Moving down to her face, it's beauty is just the wonder of wonders. Makes me fall in love more. She can be traced as the one hell of a woman. I don't know if she will be ever mine because she is her daddy's little girl.

"How are you?" I ask her stammering to break the silence.

"I am good. Are you?" She replied looking at me and that's when my heart sank.

Our eyes locked. I couldn't respond a word.

She moved her eyes from me.

I was suddenly shaken by it.

"I am good too."

She just looked at me giving a smile.

We didn't know what to say next. It was just silence that stayed between us.

"Here are your orders, sir." The waiter came with my orders ready and served them to me and Evelyn respectively. I added one more sandwich and cold coffee after Evelyn joined me.

"For whom are these packets for?"She questioned me while her eyes were on the packets that are for mom.

"They are for mom. I have packed up for her."

"Oh" is just what she replied in a deep voice. Seems like she thought something else.

"Who else did you think?"I asked her.

"For your girlfriend." A sudden sadness showed on her face as she said it. I don't know why she thought I will be having a girlfriend. How can I make someone else my girlfriend when she is the only one I want to cherish love with. I wish I could her express whatever I have in my heart. But is this the right time? Even if it's not now, will the right time for this ever come? The consequences will be dreadful once her father gets to know about this. Moreover, I am not sure if she loves me. I know we were only childhood friends. But she is something more to me. More than just a friend. Someone who I want to love, stay close every time and give all the happiness.

"Sorry if I said something wrong." Her apologetic words made me snap out of my thoughts. I got lost and forgot to reply her. Stupid me.

"You're wrong but that's okay. I don't have a girlfriend, Evelyn. I am single." I replied trying to comfort her and not feel guilty.

"That's fine." She said smiling.

EVELYN'S POV-

"Hey sis w---" Gigi came where me and Evan are sitting. She stopped between her words when she saw Evan sitting with me. Her face lighted up while she was examining Evan's face. Probably she found Evan handsome. Because he is. He has always been this good and gentle looking boy. Now that he has grown up to a twenty-years old man, he radiates something more to fall in love with.I know Gigi. Her eyes are always on hot boys. Naughty girl.

"Great, Gigi. Do you have any idea how much time you took?" I interrupted to remove her eyes from Evan.

"Aah! Big sister. The shop was crowded. Please don't be angry and scold me. Pleaseeee,sister." They way she acted was like a total baby. I love her, I do. But sometimes she is too dramatic and mischievous.

I saw Evan laughing looking at Gigi and her drama.

"Hey, as I heard, your name must be Gigi. So Gigi, the cute little girl, if I am not wrong, your sister is not bored with me. You don't need to worry because you are late."

I rolled my eyes at what Evan said to Gigi just now. Yes, of course, I won't be bored with him. But the level of awkwardness and anger that rose inside me was very high. And that's because Gigi left me before entering the cafe. She is the one to blame for this sudden meet of me and him. I don't have any idea if I should feel good for having a lil talk with him or feel sad because we are almost acting like there is nothing between us. I noticed a beam passed my face when he said he is single. I don't know why but my heart feels a sense of relief.

I nodded at what Evan said. I don't want to be rude. And he is not completely wrong.

"My sister won't feel boring talking with such a handsome man." She teased Evan.

"Gigi, I am not such type of a girl. Stop trying to embarrass me to death." My words were strict to her and hope she gets them well.

No doubt, he is good looking, handsome, smoking hot and what all other girls die for. But I am not a girl who worships someone's good looks. I don't love a man only if he is good looking. There are more qualities that should be present in a man other than that. Till today, I didn't date a single man. May be, I haven't found the type of guy that I will love. And even if there are millions of such guys around me, I won't be attracted to them until and unless he is Evan. Evan is already there in my heart. The place where he is irreplaceable by anyone else. Not because he is good looking. There are many more things in him that I cherish. They are the reasons why I l---... love him.

"It's okay, Evelyn. I don't mind." He said me looking in my eyes. My heart melts when he stares at me this way. I couldn't help but locking my eyes with him.

"You were about to enjoy your meal and I annoyed you both." Gigi said with guilt ridden in her voice putting down her face.

"No, that's not a problem. Why don't you join us?"Evan invites her.

"How can I? Look, you both are sitting in a two sitted table. Tell me, if you're willing to take me on your lap." She bursted out laughing.

Evan and I couldn't resist ourselves from laughing at what she said. Irritating but she is the best for turning any situation to a funny one.

"Oh, wait. Two of you are sitting on a two sitted table. Is your meeting already arranged? Sis, did you invite him here?"She teased me again.

"No,Gigi. CLEARLY A 'NO'. And you were just sorry but now you started again. Can you just stop?" This time my anger fired up again.

"I love making you angry. You look so cute." Saying this, her face curved into a cute smile.

"It's a coincidence. Or maybe f-- fate." Evan said the last word in a breaking tone. I looked at him aghast. He immediately looked down.

"Okay, enough of your explanations. Let's go somewhere else and have a enjoyable day. Like a park or a mall and then have a good meal together." Gigi suggested us.

Evan looks at me in a questioning expression. I don't know if it's a good idea. Him and me spending time together. That will be p--pain. Somewhere, I wanted to stay some more time with him but a part of me has a fear too.

"Okay" It split out of my mouth.

Evan's face turned confused but gave an agreeable look to Gigi.

"Yay, you both agreed."

************

Moving out of the cafe, the three of us were silent.

"Hey, sis! Can you please move my scooty to the Parking Centre." Gigi asked.

I nodded walking towards her scooty.

Starting it, I drove forward.

---------

A car suddenly came in front of me. Boom, the break wasn't working. I felt the scooty speeding out of control. My eyes grew big and heart raced faster.

"Evelyn, carefully!!!"

Evan's shout echoed in my ears.

Screamed.

Body and the ground collide.

Broken glasses.

Bleeding blood.

All these sounds played together with Evan's voice.