CHAPTER 14

How I wish if I could express how much I miss you right now.

EVAN'S POV-

I am here on my bed thinking about everything that happened in my past. Times when Evelyn used to be close to me were some of the best times of my life. And I don't know if I will get her company like earlier in the future too, but I am so thankful that I met this girl. My Evelyn.

My life is full of difficulties. Spending every day was like crossing a road with multiple obstacles in it. But what me walk through it without harming my feet is my mom. She is the best. I can never afford to lose her. Mom's love is the most precious thing in this world. I don't think there are words to describe how much my mom means for me. Yes, it's true that we are not wealthy. It's not like that my mom has pampered me with loads of money. But all of the above, she has made me wealthy of love. She has pampered me with love. It's all I need to keep going. Mom, I will make you proud one day. Just remember, you deserve the world's happiness and I am sure to gift you that one day.

When I was a kid, I was not one of those rich kids who got everything they wanted. But I was happy with all I had. I know my limitations and I stay within it. I got my support system, Evelyn. She made me laugh until my stomach had hurt. She was there for me when I got injured while playing. She cared for me. I still remember her little face that cried for me whenever I got hurt. She taught me what a real friend is like. When we got separated and I came away from her, it didn't hurt any less. And I know, she was hurt too. I know she searches for answers. I will tell her everything when it will be the right time.

It's been two weeks since Evelyn got discharged from hospital. I tried to reach her but failed numerous times. I am kinda shocked why she hasn't tried to talk to me. May be it's good that no one gets to know that we met and we confessed out our love for each other. This will bring problems to both of us.

I got to know from Gigi that she has fully recovered. She has left North Carolina and went back to her home. Gigi knows that Evelyn didn't wish me goodbye before going back. She tried to make me feel relief by assuring that she will ask her to visit North Carolina anytime soon. I hope I will find her beside me as soon as possible. Because my heart is trembling. I miss her. Somewhere, I am incomplete without her.

Even though I know it's very difficult to call or text her, but I still asked Gigi from her number. Gigi handed her number to me. I am just staring at it. How should I save her number? I finally saved it as 'LOVE E'. I am smiling by myself looking at it. Feels like I am one of those who fell in love for the first time and getting butterflies in their stomach in the name of love. No doubt, she is my first love. She will end up being my last love too.

And did I tell you how much that day means for me when she confessed. Oh my heavenly god, she told that she loves me too. I couldn't stop myself from pouring my heart out that day. I was just too scared of losing her. My heart stopped beating when she had her accident. And when I looked at her eyes that were staring at me, my heart felt delightful. She radiates happiness around me. I don't regret confessing to her. My heart feels heavy keeping all those unsaid things. I didn't expect anything from her. But she is never unsuccessful in making me happy. Even I have to go through pain for her, my self is ready for that.

I just want to call her right now and ask how is she. I want to hear her soft voice. And ask, if that's all true which she said in hospital. If her wounds have been healed, if she is okay. But I am scared. What if this brings problems. Me talking to her, seems like a way too difficult task.

Building up a lot of courage in my heart, I finally dialed her number. My heart is beating faster with very ring. I don't know what to do and what not to do. The rings finally stopped and I hear a voice from the other side.

"Hello" she said.

"Hey" I replied.

"Are you Evan?"She asked me. I am so surprised that she recognized my voice. My love for her keeps growing day by day. I feel relieved that she didn't get aggressive.

"Hm, I am Evan. Glad that you recognized my voice."I said with a smile on my face. This smile definitely came from the core of my heart.

Evelyn didn't respond anything after my thank you. There is that silence between us. Neither of us knows what to say now.

"Why did you call?" Her sudden question alerted me.

"I wanna ask you something." I finally spoke.

"Hm?"

"All that you said while you were admitted in the hospital, did you really mean it?" I asked her not knowing what she will probably reply.

"I don't want to hide anything. It's all I feel for you. But I doubt if your words are true." She answered my question making me surprised at her last words.

Wait, why does it sound like something is wrong?

"My words are true from the bottom of my heart, Evelyn. All of me belongs to you."

"Evan,just stop it. Lexi clearly said me that you're going to be her husband. You lied me in the cafe too. And you almost cheated me. What did you get?"She said stammering and I can clearly feel her voice which says that she is going to cry now.

What Lexi did was totally unexpected. How could she do? And what's her purpose. I never thought that she would turn out like this. I never took her in that way. My heart belongs to Evelyn from the very beginning. I never looked towards any other girl. Lexi has always been my good friend. I don't know if she thinks something else. And yes, I trust my Evelyn completely. I don't need to confront Lexi for being sure. Now, I understand why Steven always warned me about Lexi. He always said that she is not a girl who is good without any reason. I don't how he knew it already and how foolish I was for not believing him. For her, I would have lost my love. I don't care what's her reason for creating such a misunderstanding. All that matters is only Evelyn.

"Trust me, Evelyn. It's all a lie. She has tried to separate us for her purpose which I am totally unaware of. Please, give me a chance. I love you from all my heart. Without any doubt. I am all yours. You have my heart from the starting. And I can never give it to anyone else. Lexi is just my friend and boss of the company where I work. She has helped me financially but I didn't know she has a purpose of doing so. I don't care about her. I care about only you." I poured my heart out. I couldn't resist myself. Also, my tears that are shedding making my cheeks warm and wet.

"It's okay. I know how she is. I trust you. I love you too." I her soft and calm voice that makes my heart feel love.

I don't want to be caged between the things that happened in the past. Of what her dad did to us. I wanna say them to her. Because I know he will separate us through any means. He won't give up without harming me and my mom. I should tell her everything before anything else happens. I am sure we will find out a solution.

"Can you meet me secretly?I have something important to tell that you should know as soon as possible."

"I will let you know through Gigi."She said.

"Okay."I said with a smile on my face. No matter how tensed or in sorrow I am, she can make me smile anytime.

Hello to all the beautiful souls out there. How are you all?