Ch. 43 - LETHARIA VULPINA

Blake's outfit -

Chapter Forty-Three🦊  Letharia Vulpina 🦊

Chapter Forty-Three
🦊  Letharia Vulpina 🦊

Blake, Derek and Scott come running into the parking lot only for Derek throw his arms out in front of them making them stop. Looking down, there was a giant puddle of water and the broken wire sat in the middle of it. Basically creating a giant puddle of electrified death. 

They looked back up to see Kira standing in the water, unfazed and grab the wire. They watch in shock and amazement as Kira covered the end of the wire with her fist, all the lights around them flickers as she absorbed the electricity. She opened her eyes, looking over at them with glowing orange eyes making Blake let out an impressed chuckle.

When she dropped the wire, that's when Derek and Blake noticed Isaac lying in the puddle making them instantly ran over to them, "Isaac?" Blake said as she grabbed him and leaned in to listen for a second before looking at her brother alarmed. "He's not breathing... Scott, he's not breathing!"

🦊

After getting ready, Blake sat down at the edge of her bed with a sigh before putting her head in her hands. Everything that's been happening fully catching up to her and honestly she was exhausted. She heard her door open but didn't look up until she felt someone sit down next to her. 

"Didn't get much sleep?" Scott asked as she looked up at him making her shake her head, "With the constant worrying about Stiles and now Isaac? How could I?" She asked and he nodded in agreement. She sighed softly before leaning her head on his shoulders as he comfortingly wrapped his arm around hers. "The worrying's never gonna stop is it?" She asked and he shook his head, "I don't think so." 

They sat like that for a moment until Blake sighed and stood up, "We should probably get going." She said as she grabbed her bag. Scott nodded and stood up, grabbing his that he had set down when he sat down. "Hey." He said making her look up at him, "We'll figure something out." He said and she nodded softly. 

"I know. The real question is how long until we do?" She asked and he sighed and shook his head, "All I know is that we won't stop until we do." He said. She nodded and smiled softly at him before they both walked down stairs, stopping when they saw Melissa sitting at the table with a distant look.