Ch. 48 - THE DIVINE MOVE

Blake's outfit

Chapter Forty-Eight🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

Chapter Forty-Eight
🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

"Can you remember anything else?" Parrish asked and Blake shook her head, looking down at the ground. There wasn't any tears falling down her face, she ran out of those. Now she was just quiet. "One second she was fine, the next she wasn't. I didn't even see it happen." She said weakly. 

Parrish sighed softly and moved to sit next to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, "Hey." Parrish said making her look up at him, "You're stronger than most people would be right now. You're handling this a lot better than I ever would." He said and she sighed and shook her head. 

"I'm not." She whispered, "I feel like I'm going out of my mind right. I just know how to hide it. She's not the first person I've lost and with my luck, she's probably not going to be the last." She said as a tear slowly fell down her face. "You know, if you need someone to talk to you can always talk to me." He said making her look over at him with a small smile, "Thanks Deputy." She said and he smiled at her.

🦊

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott said as he, Lydia, Blake and Deaton walked into the clinic. " The problem is, this isn't even a person you're fighting- it just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton says.

"The shape of my best friend."

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Blake asked and Deaton sighed, " I don't know... This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?"

"Possibly...When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." Deaton explained making realization cross both Lydia and Blake faces. "Powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?" Lydia asked making Deaton look over at her, "Which Alpha?"

"My mom." Blake said making them all look over at her, "Peter has them in a wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?" She asked and Deato  nodded. "It was." He said said. 

"How do you know?" Scott asked and Deaton look over at him, "Because I made it." Deaton said.

"Derek's got the triskele box. He's gonna meet us." Blake said after getting off the phone with Derek. Suddenly Lydia and Blake started to sway and fall back making Scott and Deaton instantly reach out to grab them, "What's wrong?"