Part 7

Marinette held Chat Noir hand before he could leave.

Marinette: Can you sleep with me for the night?

Chat Noir looked at Marinette to see her was shivering. He decided to stay and pulled her close to him so she could possibly feel better.

Chat Noir: Princess I'm going to detransform okay but don't look.

Marinette: Okay kitty, I promise I won't look.

Chat Noir detransformed and cuddled back with Marinette.

Marinette giggled and spoke.

Marinette: Kitty you have quite soft skin yourself, I couldn't tell before because of the leather.

Adrien: Hey, what did you expect me to be like.

Marinette giggled and fell to sleep.

Adrien looked at Marinette as she shivered and he pulled her close to his warmth.

Adrien was wondering why she was shivering so much but decided not to. He also thought back to all the moments him and Marinette had spent together and how he would have given up on hope if it weren't for her.

Marinette was having a difficult time sleeping but she always went back to sleep as she felt the warmth of Chat Noir.

The next day:

Chat Noir had transformed and left once he heard Alya come in. He headed back to his own bed back at his apartment. It didn't take him much long since he lived next door.

Marinette and Adrien both woke up once again quickly and realized they had to meet at noon to talk to the Mayor. They got ready, had breakfast and then left saying they had errands to complete today. Alya and Nino had no issue since they both had a date together in the afternoon to go to the fair. (Also just in case you guys are confused, Marinette and Adrien both had this conversation individually with Alya and Nino.)

Ladybug and Chat Noir talked to the Mayor and had decided to make the announcement at noon regarding Adrien in front of a set of reporters. During the discussion with the Mayor Chat Noir realized that Ladybug was defending Adrien quite a bit.

Chat Noir: *thinks* She even came up with the plan on making an announcement but then again she said that we were friends (as in Ladybug and Adrien.)

Once they talked to the Mayor they had about 30 minutes before the announcement which they decided to spend on thinking about what they were going to say. They completed just in time for noon and had arrived at the Eiffel Tower where there were reporters waiting.

Ladybug: After the victory of defeating Hawkmoth we didn't quite explain as much as you guys deserve to know.

Chat Noir: Hawkmoth who was unmasked to be Gabriel Agreste had no bad intentions but instead he was doing this to try to save his family. We will not go into details about this but we wanted to make a statement regarding that Gabriel Agreste is still a human like us all.

Ladybug: Now for that reason you guys have no right to hate Adrien Agreste. Adrien had nothing to do with this and also was not aware about this before the reveal just like the rest of us! All the hate which he receives is completely unfair! Imagine getting your father taken away from you and then having all of your fans turned against you.

Chat Noir realized that this was never a part of the speech which he and Ladybug had prepared.

Ladybug: Adrien is a very sweet and kind person who does not deserve any of this! So please stop bothering him and if not Chat Noir and myself will have to get involved. Just to make one thing clear his father did terrorise Paris but Adrien himself had done nothing. We might have lost Paris's famous designer but he lost his own father as well.

Chat Noir was tearing up and tried to push them back as much as he could. Ladybug had noticed and decided to end their statement. Chat Noir ran off and before Ladybug could catch up to him.

Ladybug: *thinks* Did I say something wrong?

Ladybug decided to visit Adrien after she had spoken to Chat Noir later that night on patrol. Even though Hawkmoth was gone they both still went on patrol every night just in case and to help out to catch normal criminals. In the evening Ladybug went out on patrol but stopped when she saw Chat sitting on the edge of the Eiffel Tower.

Ladybug: Are u okay Kitty?

Chat Noir: Oh yeah sorry about earlier today.

Ladybug: You sure Kitty? I know you well enough to know that you're lying to me.

Chat Noir: Was it true?

Ladybug: What is true?

Chat Noir: Everything you said earlier about m-Adrien...

Ladybug: Of course, he really is sweet and caring! To me I'm so lucky that I'm even friends with him, even though I always mess up my words he always understands me as if I'm speaking normally to him with proper words. He always is there for others and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to ever be there for him at the right time. Even right now he is going through so much but always puts a smile on his face as if everything is perfectly normal. I sometimes wonder how much he has had to go through even with hi...

Ladybug had gotten lost into her thoughts about Adrien and went on while Chat Noir stared at her admiring.

Chat Noir: *wonders* What did I ever do to deserve such an amazing girl...

Ladybug notices that she has been talking about Adrien for at least the last five minutes non stop.

Ladybug: Oh my god I'm so sorry.

Chat Noir: Oh no don't worry but do you really mean all of that.

Ladybug: Yeah of course I just wish I could do more for him.

Chat Noir: Wow he must have done something amazing to deserve a friend like you.

Ladybug: *mumbles* I wish I could be more than friends.

Chat Noir: Huh?

Ladybug: Oh nothing.

Chat Noir: *thinks* Was it just me or did she just say "I wish I could be more than friends?"

Ladybug: So are you sure you're okay Kitty?

Chat Noir: Yeah of course and Adrien is lucky to have you.

Ladybug: Aw thanks Kitty that means a lot to me.

Chat Noir smiles and takes off to go to his apartment. Ladybug does the same.

Ladybug decides to visit Adrien the next day.

The next day:

Marinette goes into her room and transforms to go and talk to Adrien.

She heads to his apartment's balcony since his room also has one with them having the same rooms with the same apartment layouts.