Part 12

Back at the table with Alya, Nino and Adrien.

Alya was watching Luka and Marinette as he taught her and held her hand so she could show her the technique.

Alya: Aren't they just adorable?

Nino: I know right.

Adrien: *thinks* Wow! Is everyone against me today? I thought Nino was my best friend and I thought he knew that I was starting to fall for Marinette! How could he just do this to me! Wait a minute I'm not just falling for Marinette now...I'm actually in love with her!

Alya and Nino smiled at each other as they saw Adrien getting jealous.

Luka looked back and just saw Adrien frustrated while Alya and Nino were smiling at one another. He wasn't sure what was going on but he knew that something wasn't right.

Marinette almost threw the ball but then she slipped again this time Luka didn't catch her since he was looking back at Nino, Alya, and Adrien. Adrien immediately got up and helped Marinette up while Luka apologized to Marinette.

Luka: I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention.

Marinette: Oh don't worry Luka it's not your fault I'm just very clumsy.

Adrien: Mari, can you walk?

Alya and Nino got up and came.

Marinette got up and tried walking but then she yelled out in pain.

Adrien: Oh my, I think you might have broken a bone Mari.

Marinette: Well that's not the first time.

Adrien: I'm going to take her to the hospital but you guys continue.

Alya: That's a good idea but I think we'll just head home anyways it won't be the same without you guys.

Adrien and Marinette both smiled.

Marinette: Wait but we only brought one car. How are you guys going to get home?

Luka: Don't worry about that I'll give them a ride home.

Nino: Thanks dude.

Marinette: Thanks, Luka.

Marinette smiled at Luka.

Adrien: Okay, let's get going.

Marinette: I can't walk through.

Adrien thought for a moment and then lifted up Marinette bridal style.

Adrien: There problem solved.

Adrien said as he looked down at Marinette and smiled.

Marinette was as red as a tomato.

Adrien carried Marinette all the way to their call and then gently placed Marinette in a seat next to him in the car.

Alya, Nino, and Luka headed out and sat into Luka's car.

Luka drove them to their apartment and then left once you told them to just give him a call once Marinette's back home. Alya asked Luka if he wanted to stay.

Luka: I would really love to stay but I should probably get going...

Alya: Oh okay no worries

Luka smiled at Alya and left. 

Once Adrien and Marinette got to the hospital he carried her inside bridal style and then waited with her in examination room. Adrien noticed Marinette in pain and decided to go and ask the nurse who was standing outside the room how long they will have to wait. 

Nurse: It'll take a while because there all a lot of patients here and there aren't enough doctors.

Adrien: Oh okay...

Adrien said while looking at Marinette sadly.

Nurse: Sorry about the wait. There is one thing I can suggest through.

Adrien: Oh what's that? 

The nurse looks at Marinette.

Nurse: Try to distract her and talk to her because it will draw her attention away from her injury and hopefully it won't hurt as much. 

 Adrien: Oh okay thank you!

Nurse: I'll also bring some pain medications for her but it does come with side affects which might make her a little high so you might have to give her some more attention than usual.

Adrien: Oh okay I mean as long it helps the pain and makes her feel better.

Nurse: She's lucky to have a boyfriend like you.

The nurse said as she walked away.

Adrien wanted to correct her and mention that they were just friends but he wasn't able to for some reason. There was a part of him who was happy by how the nurse had she called him Marinette's boyfriend.

Adrien went back into the room and sat down in the chair beside the bed.