Part 13

Adrien kept talking to Marinette for the next hour or so. He usually didn't like to talk about himself too much but he knew that right now nothing mattered more than Marinette. Marinette was distracted but not from what Adrien was talking about but from how much he cared. She knew that he didn't like talking about himself so the matter of fact that he was talking about himself for the past hour was like a miracle. Adrien stopped talking for a moment and noticed that Marinette was lost somewhere in her thoughts.

Adrien: Marinette? You okay?

Marinette snapped out of her thoughts and back into reality.

Marinette: Yeah, I'm good! Sorry, I got lost.

Adrien: No worries!

Adrien said as he squeezed Marinette's hand and smiled at her with reinsurance. They both stared into their eyes with silence which was then broken by the doctor as she walked in.

Doctor: Sorry about the wait, we had a lot more patients come in today than we thought we would be having tonight.

Marinette: No problem!

Marinette said with a smile.

The doctor smiled back.

Doctor: Thank you for understanding I've had to face so many angry patients today that I think I've no such thing as fear left in me.

The doctor said as she was laughing. Marinette and Adrien both joined into the laughter.

Doctor: Okay, so what happened?

Adrien went ahead and explained as the doctor did some checkups.

Doctor: Okay, so I can't tell you exactly what happened but I think that she might have broken a bone but she's going to have to get some x-rays done first so that we can be sure that there's nothing more serious.

The doctor said while talking to Adrien.

Adrien nodded.

Doctor: Now sadly you guys will have to wait some more as the x-ray department is closed until the 7 in to morning. You guys could always leave and come back but I suggest not to do that. I mean whenever you come back you're still going to have to wait and you also never know what could happen so I would suggest to stay here and wait. I mean it's already 2 in the morning so I might as well wait a couple more hours.

Marinette & Adrien both nod their heads.

The doctor smiles with hope and leaves the room.

Marinette: Adrien you should get going.

Adrien: No way I'm waiting here with you.

Marinette: It's already too late and you need to get some rest for tomorrow.

Adrien: But...

Marinette: No buts!

Adrien looked down at his shoes, he wanted to say something else but he wasn't sure what to say.

Marinette: Hey, you can come back in a couple of hours and be rested so that way you can keep me entertained!

Adrien: Okay, if you say so but I'll be back in a couple of hours!

Marinette squeezed Adrien's hand and said okay with a soft smile.

Adrien left the room and Tikki came out of Marinette's purse.

Tikki: Why did you ask him to leave?

Marinette: I'm not sure why I mean he has to get rest but there was a part of me that was hoping he wouldn't listen to me and stay by my side. I guess I'm kinda disappointed that he left.

Tikki: See! You shouldn't have asked him to leave!

Marinette: Tikki! I had to, we're only friends and I can't make him stay with me here all night.

Tikki rolls her eyes.

Marinette and Tikki talk some more about Adrien before Marinette falls asleep.

Tikki starts to leave to go and meet Plagg to see how he's doing as someone walks through the door and she quickly hids back into Marinette's purse.

With Adrien:

Adrien got into his car and started to drive back to his apartment as Plagg came out of his shirt.

Plagg: What are you doing kid?!

Adrien: Huh! What do you mean Plagg?

Plagg: How could you leave her all alone?!

Adrien: She asked me to leave Plagg how could I've stayed!

Adrien said while looking stressed more than ever.

Plagg: Kid you look as if you're going to die from pain and she's the one who should be looking this stressed! Not you!

Adrien: I don't know, okay! I'm just worried!

Plagg: Kid you in love with her for sure!

Adrien: You think?!

Adrien said sarcastically.

Plagg: JUST GO BACK!

Adrien: But she asked me to...

Plagg: Kid you look like you're going to die and I think she needs someone more than ever right now.

Adrien stopped the car and starred at Plagg for a moment before he made a U-turn and went back to the hospital.

Adrien ran into the hospital and then opened Marinette's room door where he found her sleeping.

Adrien smiled and sat back down into the chair.

Adrien: *whispered* I'm not leaving your side ever again.

Adrien said as he squeezed Marinette's hand and gave her a forehead kiss.