Part 8

Ladybug knocks on the window as he lets her in.

Adrien was personally quite surprised to find Ladybug at his balcony.

Adrien: Ah Bu-Ladybug what are you doing here?

Ladybug: I just wanted to check up on you! How are you?

Adrien: Oh, I'm doing better and also thank you so much for the announcement today. It truly meant a lot to me and I can't even believe that you and Chat Noir made the announcement!

Ladybug: Of course and I'm sorry we didn't check with you about it...we just really wanted to try my best and to help you in any way which might help you heal.

Adrien gave Ladybug a hug. Ladybug was surprised at first but then she blushed and returned the hug.

Adrien: Don't worry about that and if anything it was very sweet of you.

Adrien and Ladybug started blushing.

Ladybug: I should get going take care!

Adrien: I will thank you again for dropping by...

Ladybug smiles and swings away.

Adrien: ...M'lady

Adrien was slowly moving on from his father but also wondered if he should ask Ladybug now if they could finally tell one another who they are. Chat noir and Marinette became close once again just like old times. They would talk about everything to one another Chat slowly started falling for her without even knowing.

After the next couple of weeks:

During the night:

Chat Noir knocks on Marinette's window and Marinette lets him in.

Marinette: Hey kitty what you doing here so late.

Chat Noir: I couldn't sleep so I was wondering if maybe we could chat?

Marinette: Of course. It isn't that cold outside so why don't we go outside? I can make us some hot chocolate too.

Chat Noir: Sure that's a great idea.

Chat grabbed a blanket and went outside while Marinette quickly made 2 hot chocolates and came outside.

Marinette gave Chat Noir a hot chocolate as he wrapped a blanket around her.

Marinette: What happened?

Chat Noir: Well lately I've been thinking a lot about you and how I don't know much about you yet?

Marinette: Oh I mean I do tell you everything well as far as I remember.

Chat Noir: Like what about your crush? You know that I'm in love with ladybug but is there anyone that you like?

Chat asked hoping a little it would be him.

Marinette immediately thought about Adrien but if she was being honest then she also was thinking about Chat.

Marinette: Okay well there's someone who I've fallen in love with but I've never been able to tell him.

Chat Noir: I knew it okay! Do I know him?

Marinette: Yeah actually you even made an announcement about him recently and he's kinda everywhere in Paris.

Chat Noir: *thinks* Wait a minute Marinette likes me as Adrien?!

Chat Noir: Wait are you talking about Adrien Agreste?!

Marinette: Yeah why are you so shocked?

Chat Noir: Oh, no reason.

Chat said, looking down and upset a little.

Chat Noir: *thinks* I thought Marinette was different and that she wouldn't just like me as Adrien because of my looks.

Marinette: You sure you okay Kitty?

Chat Noir: You like him for his looks don't you? Otherwise why would you still like him after everything his father has done.

Marinette: Oh no that's not why I like him at all! Sure he looks handsome but that's not how I feel in love with him. He is a genuinely sweet person and everything that is going on with his life is totally unfair to him in so many ways! I'm so lucky that I'm even friends with him, even though I always mess up my words he always understands me as if I'm speaking normally to him with proper words. He always is there for others and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to ever be there for him at the right time. Even right now he is going through so much but always puts a smile on his face as if everything is perfectly normal. I sometimes wonder how much he has had to go through even with his father and he even lost his mother who was a wonderful woman from what Adrien tells me.

I just hope that someday I might be able to be more than friends to him and that I would mean as much to him as he means to me.

Marinette was lost into her thoughts while Chat Noir was lost into his. He at first couldn't believe his eyes and then realized that he has heard this before from someone but he couldn't quite remember who.

Chat Noir started getting tears in his eyes by how much he meant to Marinette for all these years and he didn't even realize. He started realizing how Marinette must have felt the exact same way when he must have said that he and Marinette were just friends as he felt when Ladybug would always friend zone him too. Marinette looked at Chat Noir and he was crying.

Marinette pulled Chat Noir close to him and wrapped her arms around him, they both snuggled up in the blanket.

Marinette: Ah kitty are you okay? I'm so sorry...

Chat Noir: Oh no don't worry about it. It just means a lot to me that you care so much about me-I mean him ah sorry.

Chat says as he pulls himself away from Marinette to wipe his tears.

Marinette: Oh are you friends with him?

Chat Noir: Yeah actually I'm.

Marinette: Please don't tell him.

Marinette said while looking down.

Chat Noir: Hey, you're my best friend and I would never tell anyone my best friends' secrets.

Chat said while pulling Marinette close to him.

Marinette: Thanks kitty, I don't know what I did to deserve such a good friend like you.

They spent the rest of the night outside talking before Chat had to leave.

As much as Marinette didn't want to accept it she loved his warmth and maybe even hoped a little they were more than best friends she was going to have to eventually choose between the two.

Chat kept wondering about why what Marinette had said about him sounded so familiar.

The next morning:

In Marinette's and Alya's apartment:

Alya: WAKE UPPPPP!

Marinette: NOOOOO!

Alya: Marinette it's 12 p.m.! What were you even doing up so late?

Marinette: I've just got a lot on my mind.

To be completely honest Marinette was just really confused between Chat Noir and Adrien now. At first she was sure that it was nothing but now here she was thinking that she might be in love with Chat Noir too.