Chapter 1: Their Decision

"Ria, will you please go out first as your father and I talk for a bit?" 

Oh..  mom called me Ria again. That's rare. I just nodded and left my mom's office. As I close the door, then I feigned marching as if I'm going back to my room but I just march in place and listened to their conversation. Yeah, eavesdropping. 

"Rion, are you sure this is safe for her? I mean.. you know her past. Right?"

"Of course I do Iris, I love her as much as you do and this is the right decision! She's 17 now and she barely knows anything about being a royal. Do you think that hiding her here will help? She's not a little girl anymore, she can handle herself. And besides, Astell Academy is the perfect place for her to harness her powers, learn about mannerism and etiquette, combat, and everything she needs to know about royalty. I think its time"

"But.. what if--"

"Inari, she's safe. In the palace. At the Academy. This is for her own good"

"Fine. But no one must know who she really is, Ok?"

Ok, I know I'm a princess and I've known that for 17 years of my existence. But what are they talking about? Astell Academy? Does my dad own that? What are they talking about?! 

"Asteria. We know your there, come inside" Oh shoot. I was discovered. Just my luck.

"Uhm.. s-sorry, I was curious." I apologized and sat on the couch, fidgeting. "Ria, your mother and I have decided that you can finally go to Astell Academy. This school will do you good. You will be trained how to harness your powers, learn about etiquette and mannerism, the value of chivalry. Well, you get the point. Only on two conditions. One, no one must know that your an Astell and second, keep your profile low key." dad said seriously.

"We don't want others knowing about you darling, are we clear?" mom asked and I nodded even if my brain already shut down when dad started speaking. Gosh! Ang dami kong kailangan i-process! Inaalog na ata ang utak ko dahil sa daming files na pumapasok sa hard drive ko.

"Are we clear?" Luh. Hindi ko narinig. "Yes" iyan na lang nasagot ko at tsaka pinalabas na nila ako sa office.

So let me get this straight, mom and dad finally agreed to let me go to Astell Academy. This school is for royals and elite students, I've heard that this has won every category in the awarding ceremony of the best schools in the world. My dad owns Astell Academy. Huh? Bat di ko alam iyon? Tsaka, ginagawa nila ito para sa akin, para maprotektahan ako at matuto. Pero, ano ba yung sinasabi ni mommy na past ko? As far as I'm concerned, I have a happy and imaginative childhood. Or wag niyong sabihin na may mystery ang buhay ko? Hala ka!

"Miss? Miss Asteria?" back down to Earth.

"Ah.. Cindy, ano nga palang sasabihin mo?" tanong ko at hinawi ang buhok ko sa likod ng tenga ko, "Miss, your friend Lady Kara is here to see you" she replied and curtised before she left. 

Kara Alvarez. My best friend. She's been by my side ever since we were kids and we were inseparable, nothing can tear us apart. Our friendship is tested through time. Stay Strong! Si Kara? Siya ang dakila kong best friend na may napaka straight forward na personality. Yung para bang hindi siya matatakot or hindi niya maiisip na na-ooffend na niya ang isang tao kasi she always states facts that makes others feel intimidated and embarrassed by her. Kasalanan ba niya na naguiguilty sila? I really adore Kara, we have this special bond that I guarantee no one has. I'm so lucky to have her.

"Ria! sa wakas at nandito ka na rin, may sasabihin kasi sana ako eh" she pouts and frowns, "Me too. But, you first" sabi ko at tumabi sa kanya, "Ok. Please don't get mad but I'm not going to study at Ever High anymore, mom said that I'll be going to Astell Academy now. Sabi kasi niya na kailangan ko na matuto, hindi ko naman gusto ito pero wala na akong choice eh. I'm sorry Ria" she even cried!

I think this is the best news! I told you, we were inseparable.

"Ria! I'm sorry na talaga hah, kanina ko lang din nalaman eh! Please don't be mad at me" sabi ni Kara at inalog pa ako. "Ok, my turn--" but she cut me off.

"OK?! Pagkatpaos ng lahat ng sinabi ko, Ok lang ang sasabihin mo?! Hindi ka ba malungkot or something? I'm leaving for the Avenger's sake! Gusto mo na ba ako umalis? Kasi, I was hoping na gagawa tayo ng paraan para hindi ako matuloy doon" she seemed mad. I sighed after what she said. "Listen to me first" I said and she averted her eyes away from me.

"I'm not mad or sad that your leaving, I even think that its the best decision your parents ever made. Before you do anything, I just want to say that.. I'm going to Astell Academy as well! Ayieee!!" patili kong sambit sabay tumalon.

Her face was priceless!

"KYAAAAAH! Were going to Astell! Were going to Astell!" she exclaimed and jumped with me.

"Princess Asteria, Lady Kara. We heard screaming, is everything alright? What happened?" Oops. 

We might have alerted the Royal Guards. Whoops! 

"Oh, captain William. Its alright, walang nangyari. Naging excited lang kami kasi pupunta kami sa Astell Academy" paliwanag ko at kumunot ang noo niya, "Ah.. sorry if we bothered you, your highness. We'll be going now" he said and told the guys to go out.

Whoops! Sorry! HAHAHA

But one thing's for sure, I'm going to Astell Academy! And my best friend is coming with me. For sure, my life about to change!