Mess With Ringlet You Die. Literally.

"You mean the Distant Kingdoms?" the strange dragon tipped back her head, laughing. "Haven't you heard of LeafWings?"

"Uh, no?" Skye said, moving Ringlet so she could hide behind him. "What kind of help do you need?"

"Well I recently was given a message that my tribe was leaving our home, and I'd like to join them. I've been stuck in here ever since Yellowjacket caught me burning up a Hive."

Skye's thoughts flashed back to Bloodworm Hive, and watching his home crumble to dust. He bristled. "That was you?"

"Me and a few friends. Don't get so angr-whoa!" the dragon jumped to the back of her cell, only just dodging a blast of fire. "Ok well calm down Fire-Boy."

Ringlet let out a scream behind him, and he looked down to see Rove's talons around her, pressing her against the bars. She twisted, waving the knife everywhere she could.

"Rove!" Skye shouted. "You put her down now!"

"Absolutely not. This child tried to attack me. So I am going to kill it. As soon as I'm out of here, you're next."

Ringlet stabbed her knife deep into Rove's arm, and while he was weakened, grabbed the knife and jumped back, blocking her ears as Rove howled in pain.

Skye blew a blast of fire, knocking Rove off his feet. The bars melted, pretty much opening an escape option. Acting fast, Skye jumped into the cell, making sure Ringlet didn't follow him.

Rove grinned. "You want to fight do you?"

"No." With one swipe of his talons, Rove kneeled over, dead.