Metamorphosis, Flamesilk, New Dragon, and Death

It was the day Ringlet's metamorphosis would end. Skye watched the cocoon made of fire. He had no idea why it was on fire. Ermine had said that normal cocoons were gray-white. Warmaker looked horribly pleased when Cynips and the other SilkWing explained it to him. Flamesilk, it was called. Silk made of flames.

Ringlet's wings were beautiful. Skye didn't think she even registered the rest of the world, she just ate and flew.

"I LOVE FLYING!" she said for the thousandth time. Warmaker had to sit on his own talons to stop himself from strangling her.

It had turned out, that the SilkWing who was with Warmaker knew how to cook, so him and Ermine were working on making dinner. It was their first good look at the SilkWing.

"Atlas!" Ermine said. "Hey!" Skye stared, open-mouthed. He has never seen Ermine crack a smile, ever.

Atlas looked at Ermine with a confused expression.

"Uh, who are you? Cynips do we know who this is?" Atlas seemed very confused.

"Atlas has a memory-loss problem," Cynips explained.

"Oh," Ermine was back to his grumpy self. "I can't believe the dragon I worked side by side with doesn't remember me. Even Pierro was better than you."

"Oh Pierro!" Atlas said. "I remember him!"

Ermine clenched his talons. "Really?"

"Oh yeah! We used to cook in Lady Yellowjacket's kitchens!"

Ermine punched Atlas in the face, then walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: There's a dragon who's name is Peru. I don't want to offend anyone, because Peru is a country as well as a colour, so you should know pipsqueak came up with her name.

(The color peru with hexadecimal color code #cd853f is a shade of orange. In the RGB color model #cd853f is comprised of 80.39% red, 52.16% green and 24.71% blue.)

Skye woke the next morning to shouts. Warmaker's voice.

"HEY! YOU GET OUT HERE! I KNOW YOU'RE BACK THERE! TRAITOROUS MUDWING!"

There was a dragon in the bushes.

"Uh, Warmaker-" Skye began.

"SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO DO SOMETHING HERE!"

"I'm just saying if you asked nicely they might come out?"

"No, I won't," said a voice from the bush.

Cynips joined them. "I know that voice. Peru!"

The dragon emerged. She was a brown and amber dragon, with large orange streaked wings. Her expression changed from fear to anger as she lunged at Cynips.

Cynips was pushed backward, over Warmaker and crashing into the tents they slept in. Peru stood back up.

Warmaker growled.

"That's for Oleander," Peru said. "You're lucky I won't do worse, but I don't want to sink to your level."

"Peru..." Warmaker's tone was eerily quiet, which just made him more scary. "Get out of here. Now."

"Good. I'd be happy to leave a murderer's camp," she noticed Skye before she turned, and slowly turned her gaze to Bullet, Calico, and Ermine. "Got yourself some allies Warmaker? Huh. Didn't think you were the type to negotiate."

"I'm not," Warmaker said. "They are sharing our camp for a while. Hiding from dragons who want to kill them."

Peru snorted. "Compassionate. Doesn't fit with your list of traits, Warmaker," she turned to Atlas. "Atlas. Let's go." Atlas scampered after her.

Ermine growled. "Remembers everyone but me, doesn't he."

Cynpis had her lips curled in a snarl. "Atlas was a perfectly good ally. Now she just had to come take him away with her."

"Now, now Cynips," Warmaker said, sounding as if he was speaking to a pet rather than a dragon. "Peru can still be tipped over to our side. She's not the soft little dragon she used to be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peru, in fact, was not a soft little dragon. She snuck into the tents that night, and spoke with Skye.

"Warmaker is a horrible dragon. Don't get involved in his plans. His name alone should tell you he's trouble."

"I'm willing to give him a chance," Skye insisted. 

"He's a NightWing," Peru said before slipping out the tent flap. "And they always live up to their names."