EGGY

Skye looked up. Ermine was walking back into camp with Ringlet. There was a SilkWing walking in behind them. A gray-white SilkWing with faint streaks of  colours on his wings, like a rainbow on a stormy day. He was carrying an egg. 

Andalusite gasped. "The egg! How did you get the egg!"

The SilkWing stared at her blankly. "I found it. Is it yours?" 

"No, it's a friend of mine's. But it's good and a bit bad you found it."

"SKYE!" Ringlet shouted and she thundered into the camp. "GUESS WHAT I CAUGHT A RABBIT AND WE CAN EAT IT FOR DINNER AND ERMIE FOUND HIS BOYFRIEND AGAIN AND NOW THEY FOUND AN EGGY AND I WANNA SEE IT HATCH!"

Skye couldn't see Ermine in any kind of relationship, but he shrugged it off. He hadn't known Ermine that long anyway. 

Andalusite had taken the egg from the SilkWing, and was frantically finding somewhere to hide it.

"Cynips cannot see this... Warmaker would kill us all..." she was mumbling to herself.

"Why not just pretend the egg is mine and Ermine's? This Cynips dragon doesn't have to be dragged into it at all?" the SilkWing offered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had returned. Warmaker, Cynips, Calico, and Bullet. The green leafy dragon behind them was probably Birch.

Bullet landed and began to talk immediately. 

"So we got to Jewel Hive then I ran into Birch and she helped us get in and we started an attack in the top floors but the HiveWings were there in a millisecond and I have no idea why but Cynips didn't get controlled it was kinda weird but we fought our way out then we ran for our lives and we all almost died except Warmaker coz he's oh-so-special and mystical." He bent down and took a deep breath. Warmaker was glaring at him.

"The battle was successful," Cynips said. "All of Jewel Hive will be in the Glitterbazar for a continuous week. Some sort of celebratory planning for Jewel's hatching day. We were consideri-" she stopped abruptly, her eyes on the egg. Andalusite gave a light shake of her head, and at once, Cynips continued. "Considering attacking then, however the HiveWings would outnumber us at that point."

Warmaker had noticed the pause. "Cynips. Is that your egg?"

"Of course not!" The SilkWing said. "It's mine."

"Hmph. And you are?"

"Pierro."

"Why are you here?"

"I'm with Ermine."

"So it's his egg too?"

"Yes."

"I should kill you both right now," Warmaker sharpened his claws. "You've violated my rules of no eggs, no sappy disgusting relationships and no dragonets under the age of three."

Pierro tightened his grip on the egg. "No."

Cynips gasped. "Nobody says 'no' to Warmaker! He's the boss! The leader! Our saviour from our horrible peaceful lives!"

"Enough Cynips. Your constant yapping is draining for my ears." Warmaker growled. Cynips closed her mouth. "Now, SilkWing, what exactly do you presume will happen when this egg hatches?"

"Care for it. Obviously."

Warmaker looked like his scales were about to turn to fire. "And how, will you do that, when nobody else here will help?" he smirked.

Pierro only smiled. "Ermine, Ringlet, Skye, and... Andalusite? I think that's her name... We will care for it."

"So will I," Calico said. 

"Well I won't," Cynips growled. "It's just an egg."