Andalusite

It had been almost a day since the attack group left, and still no word from them. Skye settled down with some fried chicken.

"Hey,"

Skye jumped up. It was only Andalusite.

"Sorry," she said. "Did I scare you?"

"No... uh, would you like to sit down?" 

"Yes, thanks." She sat down on the log opposite him.

"I haven't seen you around camp," Skye said, through mouthfuls of chicken.

"I prefer not to be around Warmaker, but I had to come."

"Why?"

She hesitated, then said: "It's a long story."

"I've got the time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Warmaker and I were good friends, back on Pyrrhia. It was almost two years ago when I found out I was an animus. I granted Warmaker, and my two other friends ten spells each. We were all happy, for a while anyway. I got told, by Warmaker himself, that Betta - one of my friends - had been impaled by a tree branch and killed. It was Warmaker who pushed her into it. Once he figured out that he got Betta's ten spells from killing her, he killed my other friend, Naiad. That was when the bloodthirst began. He's gone back and forth from Pyrrhia and Pantala many times, each time bringing back with him tales of brutal wars. He had thirty spells when he first left. I know for a fact he refrains from using his power as to not waste it; I made the spells so that you cannot magic more. When he brought back Cynips, he said he would create a war bigger and better than ever. Cynips had two friends. Atlas, and a LeafWing named Oleander. Warmaker stayed in Pyrrhia a little longer after that, taking time to carefully plan his next attacks. I met Peru during that time, and she and Oleander became good friends, perhaps more, if Cynips hadn't killed him for 'being distracted from the plan'. As far as Warmaker was concerned, none of his 'soldiers' could be in a relationship. Peru was lucky she got out alive. She began to visit in the night, speaking to each of us. Atlas took a liking to her. Only a few months after, Warmaker gathered everyone up, and we flew to Pantala. We met your group. On the first night after you guys started camping out here, I remember Warmaker and Cynips talking with me. They don't trust you. The battle today is meant to prove your worth, and if you don't, he'll kill you all in your sleep."

Andalusite paused. "I'm sorry," she said. "I don't want you dragged into this mess. But you should know, Cynips layed an egg a few days ago, and she's planning on smashing it because it won't please Warmaker. Help me keep it safe until we find a dragon to care for it."