Eggfly

A SilkWing was coming. And it wasn't Ringlet, Ermine, or Pierro.

The SilkWing flew in and landed in the middle of the camp. Another SilkWing followed.

Skye poked is head out of his tent, but instantly shoved himself back in. It was Eggfly. Hopefully Warmaker would deal with this.

Skye could see Warmaker's long strides across the camp. Eggfly smirked.

"You must be the leader?" he said to Warmaker. "Wonderful. You are in possession of a dragon I need."

"Oddly commanding for a SilkWing," Cynips cut in before Warmaker could answer. "You should know that HiveWings tower far above you."

"One other HiveWing spoke to me like that," Eggfly said. Skye remembered that day well. "And he's dead now."

How did Eggfly know Rove was dead? Did they go to Yellowjacket Hive?

Cynips stumbled back.

"I believe you may know which dragon I want. Hand him over, and we will leave peacefully."

"If it's the flamesilk you want, you can't have her. She is vital to our plans."

"You have a flamesilk? Wonderful we'll take her too."

"No," both Warmaker and Ermine said.

"You have SilkWings here?" Eggfly said, looking around. "Three......ah. The small one must be the flamesilk. Cresent, fetch her for me while I get what we came for."

Skye remembered Crescent too. Particularly her hesitance to do what Eggfly commanded. 

Eggfly only just seemed to notice the odd shape of Warmaker's wings. "You are a strange dragon too...right, this is turning out better than we hoped for. Crescent, forget about the flamesilk. Take this one, and the one we want. They'll be sufficient enough."

Crescent breathed a sigh of relief at not having to harm a dragonet. She still hesitated at her new orders. "Uh, sir, the black dragon here looks strong. We may have to just take the one you wanted."

"Questioning me, Crescent?" Eggfly snarled. "You will do as I say."

Crescent nodded, and begain searching the tents. She hadn't reached Skye's yet when she pulled out Andalusite.

"Another one...this is quite good, it looks very defenseless too."

Crescent was slammed into the ground. Andalusite stood, shaking. 

"Magical powers? Crescent get up! We will take only that one."

Crescent struggled upward. Why does she do what Eggfly tells her? She could easily beat him...does he have something she wants?

Eggfly snapped his talons. "Now Crescent! We don't have any time to wait for you!"

Crescent stood. She was much taller than Eggfly, and stood over him.

A strand of fire caught his eye. Flamesilk! It's Ringlet!

The silken flames danced around Eggfly's snout, to the music of Ringlet's laughs.

"Mr Eggy Fly! I can sets you on FIRE! So you gotta leave my friends alone! But you can take Warry Maker. He's a meany."

Warmaker was about to unleash hell on Ringlet, but he decided against facing flamesilk and an angry Ermine. Instead, he smiled.

"We overpower you, SilkWing. Now leave."

Eggfly scrambled into the air winging away. He turned back and demanded Cresent follow him.

Warmaker stepped in Cresent's way. "She is not yours anymore."