Chapter 19

The raar filled scent of Yagnakund spread through the whole Laal Mahal which was decorated.

In front of the pious and sacred fire sat two individuals, one decked up in jewelleries and a vibrant, embroidered red, silk Rajasthani dress, it's veil covering her head. And on beside her sat a man, dressed in an off white Bandhgala, a deep pink and red Safa adorning his head, as a maroon shawl with golden border was draped on his shoulders.

While everyone had smile on their faces as priest chanted the sacred hymns in front of pious fire, proceeding with the marriage, the two individual sat with blank faces, fighting with the inner turmoil.

Parthveer was feeling guilty, as he didn't wanted to marry Saanjh. He knew she will never get the love which any girl would deserve from her husband, she didn't said anything and accepted, because it was her mother's wish. He knew that she is aware of his love for Apoorva, he knew she is aware of his madness towards Apoorva, he knew she will have to lead a loveless life, still she agreed. He was damn sure that there was another reason other than running away from Chaitanya's clutches, but he didn't knew.

Saanjh, while had thousands of things running in her mind. She knew that her life wasn't going to be the one like she read in books and wrote stories. And neither did she wanted. If it wasn't for her mother and because of Chaitanya's Evil Clutches, she wouldn't have agreed to marry Parthveer. She was very well aware of his love and care towards Apoorva, and she was glad that in this world of cheat and fake love, someone is their who still loves his deceased wife immensely and misses her terribly.

She reminisced that because of her request of an intimate marriage, since her London trip and Parthveer's Polo Matches were coming, the Royal Family of Jaipur, along with Aaryamann, Adhvan and Pravisht came to Laal Mahal. She also called Khyati, since she wanted her another best friend in marriage. They all discussed dates and started preparation of marriage.

She looked at her hands, which were painted with henna. She looked at it's faded color, and sighed, before looking up.

"Now, it's time for Kanyadaan. Kanyadaan is done, when the family of Bride gives her hand into groom's, giving away her to him." Priest said and turned to Arundhati and Harshvardhan.

"Rani sa Hukum! Yuvraj sa Hukum! Please come ahead for Kanyadaan of Bai sa Hukum." Priest said and Arundhati and Harshvardhan nodded, before coming ahead.

One of the priest started chanting hymns while other instructed Harshvardhan. Harshvardhan kept Saanjh's right hand on Parthveer's. As soon as their hands touched each other, Parthveer and Saanjh looked up and their eyes locked for a second. Arundhati poured the Ganga Jal on their hands, as tears blurred her vision.

"Now, Saptapadi, or Mangal Pheras are done. The Saptapadi or seven rounds are the seven promises done by bride and groom, tying them in the sacred thread of marriage for next seven births. Scientifically, in all the numbers, 7 is only number which can't be divided from 360. This signifies that no one will be able to seperate them." The priest said and Saanjh and Parthveer looked at each other.

Tejasswi came forward, and tied the end of the veil of Saanjh to the end of Sash of Parthveer, and went back, not before keeping a hand on Saanjh's shoulder.

The two stood up as priest started chanting Mantras. Taking up small steps, promising each other the vows, the two took the mangal pheras around the holy fire. But only their heart knew that they won't be able to fulfil the promise of marriage. As an Rajput, who values their customs and traditions a lot, and cherishes them, it was hard for them not to fulfil such promises. But the knew, that this marriage was just a compromise, and nothing else.

After the Saptapadi, Saanjh was asked to sit on the left side of Parthveer, which she obliged.

"Now, it's time for Sindoor Daan and Mangalsutra Dharan. Sindoor Daan and Mangalsutra Dharan concludes the marriage, tying up the unbreakable bond of marriage between two individuals." The priest told them.