19|Comfort

Daniels POV

I noticed her body start to shake as she stopped talking. "Take your time." I say softly as I gently rub my hand up and down her arms. "At the beginning of uhh last year.... my mom started getting pain in her umm leg. Of course her being the stubborn person she is she pretended like she was fine...but after a couple weeks it got worse and my dad made her go to the doctor... my dad took her to the best doctor because he's got a little bit of money but that's besides the point... I was at college and I just assumed she pulled her leg or broke it or something... but my dad Uh he showed up at my dorm the next day..my college wasn't far from uh home so it was only an hour drive. I knew something wasn't right... why would my dad drive an hour just tell me about my moms broken leg...."

She took a deep breath as I could tell she was preparing herself for what she was about to say. I continued to gently rub her arm in order to reassure her I was there for her. "He told me she... she had cancer." She whispers softly as tears stream down her face.

I feel my heart drop for her as I pull her into my embrace. "I... I didn't know what to do. How was I suppose to protect her from that? I had never felt so hopeless." She told me as she cried into my chest. "It's okay... I got you." I tell her softly as I rub her back gently.

"I couldn't save her. Cancer took her from me. That's why my dad bought me this trip. He's trying to make up  for the fact that she's gone and she's not coming back! It's all my fault." She yelled into my chest as she cried even harder. "I'm sorry and It's not fair but it's not your fault. A horrific thing happened and you had no control over it. I know she is watching over you now and is having a peaceful time in heaven." I say softly as I feel a tear fall down my face.

I can't even imagine what losing a parent is like. I can't even fathom how she feels right now but all I know is I want to make her feel better. I felt her continue to cry into my chest. I started humming "hallelujah" as I pulled her closer to me.

"I've never told anyone that." She whispered softly as her crying started to calm down. "I'm glad you told me." I reply softly.

She lifts her head up from my chest and our eyes meet. Her eyes were blood shot red and her face was damp from all the tears. A small smile formed on my face as I brought my fingers up to her cheeks and wiped away her tears. "How can someone look so perfect even after they were crying?" I mumble softly as I keep my eyes locked on her.

A small smile forms on her lips as she shakes her head. "You think I'm perfect?" She replies sarcastically. I playfully roll my eyes as I lean back on my hands. "Moving on from that sad conversation." Chastity says playfully as she lays back against my chest.

She had showed her vulnerable side to me but I wasn't ready to show mine yet. "I'm so tired." Chastity mumbled as she yawned. "We have to see a sunset turn into a sunrise." I say as the tune of "What am I" gets stuck in my head.

"Wake me up when it's rising." She mumbled as she yawns. I lay down on the blanket and she lays next to me. She rested her head on my chest as she closed her eyes. I placed a soft kiss on her head as I closed my eyes to. I started singing what am I causing Chastity to smile. Sleep soon over took me.

"It's the sunrise!" Chastity yelled as I felt someone shaking my body. "What?" I groaned as I opened my tired eyes.

Chastity was sitting up next to me and her eyes were glued on the sky. I blinked and let my eyes adjust to the light. The sky was painted with many colors as the sun was rising. "That is beautiful." I say as sleep was very evident in my voice.

I sat up next to her and wrapped my arm loosely around her waist. She rested her head on my shoulder as a smile rested on her face. "I wouldn't want to be with anybody else right now." She says softly. "Me either." I reply softly.

______________________________
Imagine literally watching a sunset or sunrise with a cute guy - ugh 😑