50.

I sat breathless, at the table, trying to sip at my water. We had just finished playing for the night and I was a nervous wreck earlier because the club was packed. There were more people here tonight than last time I sung for the band.

Dean was still one of the singer's, but he couldn't play the guitar due to his broken arm, so I did the guitar and back up singing.

It was exhilarating. The crowd sung, dance, cheered along with us and I was having so much fun. Tommy got Steph up on stage as she danced with me while I played. At first she was embarrassed, but then she started to enjoy it.

Kurt and Marcus, the other two members of the band were sitting at a table with Dean and Tommy, talking to someone else. They were engrossed with that conversation, they were smiling, hands were getting shaken.

I stayed with Steph, sitting at a different table. We were discussing other matters, like her trying to plan a birthday party for me because I wouldn't allow a surprise party. I hate surprises.

"Hey," Kurt was next to us, leaning on our chairs. "Can I steal Elizabeth for a second please?"

"Why?" Steph asked innocently.

"This man, the one we are talking to, he wants to meet her." Kurt pointed with his thumb to behind us.

Both Steph and I turned around to that table. My hand was under the table and squeezed Steph's thigh.

"Ow! Um, sure. I'll walk with ya's. I've gotta go to the ladies." Steph recovered and stood up.

I went with Steph to the other table and Dean got up when he saw me, offering me his seat.

"Beth, this is Mr Davies. Mr Davies, this is Elizabeth Hooper."

"Ah, the other singer and guitarist." Mr Davies held his hand out to be shaken.

I gulped and looked at his hand, unsure what to do. I know what the polite thing to do is, but I was hesitating.

"Excuse Beth, she is very shy, at first." Dean smiled at me.

"Hi." I managed to say. I was feeling confused because I have no idea why this man wanted to meet me. He looked to be in his early thirties, a stubble on his jaw, his suit was fitting with a loose tie and his hair was partially messy, dark brown and what seemed to be in this lighting, thin grey streaks already showing.

Mr Davies looked to be kind. His smile, eyes, his body language. He was relaxed on the chair, smiling warmly at me.

"I have a proposition for you all." He stated to me.

"Including me?" I gave out a weird smile.

"Mr Davies is a manager with a huge recording label company." Tommy grinned widely, handing me the business card in his hand.

Taking it, I read what it said. "DRM Records." I said in a dead pan note. "Holy shit."

"Yeah." Marcus agreed, turning to me. "The Bounties, Alessia, Another Garage Band, Western Front, Micah Clour... all them, Elizabeth." I knew the band's, their music, some styles I like, others not so much, not my taste of music.

"I have contracts too, ready to sign. However, since I was told you aren't of legal age yet, Elizabeth, I'm going to need your parents approval for this."

My heart sunk and I saw Dean and Tommy look at me with pity on their face.

"It can be, a legal guardian, right?" I heard a voice and looked up to see Steph eavesdropping.

I blinked profusely, taking deep breathes. It was all so much. I have an opportunity to get out of this town. Away from my drunk father, my junkie mother, their rapist friends. "I...I c-can't." I whispered softly, knowing I what exactly I was passing over. "I don't have a legal guardian, per se."