Prologue

"You-You abomination of my flesh! You disgrace! You insolent little boy!" screamed the voice of Wallburga Black at her eldest son Sirius

"Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it mother?" spat the boy back in anger. Cassiopeia let in a sharp intake of breath preparing herself for what she was about to witness her twin brother go through. 

Ever since Sirius was sorted into Gryffindor five years ago their parents had been harsh on the boy. Never failing to call him a blood traitor when they had the chance. Sirius was a kind boy and Cassiopeia understood his views on muggleborns and muggles but she didn't dare say that in front of her parents. As far as they were concerned she was their perfect little Pureblood princess. And was sought after by many eligible bachelors including the Malfoy boy. The thought disgusted her, marrying a cousin but she couldn't fight it. Not unless she wanted to be punished severely for it. So she put on a front that she didn't put down around anyone other than her twin brother Sirius. She wasn't brave like him, she was a Slytherin, cunning, ambitious and resourceful. She was quick minded and could find a resolution for almost any problem. Almost. 

"How dare you talk to your mother like that you ungrateful swine!" Roared Orion striking the boy across the face with his cane. "Crucio!" 

Cassiopeia's eyes widened as she watched as her brother writhed on the floor in agony. Feeling as though he was being stabbed with a thousand tiny white knifes and his body was combusting from the inside out. His screams echoed through the house and Kreacher; their house elf winced at the sound. 

"You are a disgrace to the noble house of Black." spat Wallburga as her and her husband left the room pulling Cassiopeia with them. Cassiopeia spared her brother a glance giving him a sympathetic smile retreating up the stairs, finding herself in Sirius' room. The bedroom was decorated with banners of red and gold representing Gryffindor muggle records littered across the floor and posters of half naked muggle girls hung on the walls. Cassiopeia let out a small laugh at her brothers obvious attempt to rile up their parents. She opened his trunk stuffing in all his necessities and locking it all for him, throwing in all the galleons she had on her. 

Sirius limped up to his bedroom with the intention of packing his bag and leaving for the Potters but found Cassie in his room. "What are you doing"

"Packing your trunk..I had a hunch." she shrugged smiling lightly "Where will you go?"

"James'..his family should let me stay with them" he shrugged

"I've put some galleons in there as well..stay safe" she said hugging her twin "I love you"

"I love you too Cass" 

Cassiopeia let a tear slip out of her eye as her brother walked out of the room muttering a small 'goodbye' as he did so. 

"Where do you think you are going boy?" bellowed Orion Black seeing his eldest son move towards the front door.

"Away from here!" he called back to his father slamming the door behind him. 

Wallburga was seething, her face was flushed red as she walked into the tapestry room pointing her wand at the face of Sirius Orion Black and burning him off. "From this day forward. That boy, is not a member of this family. Understood?" she said eerily calm to her two other children who both nodded "Anyone who dares to speak his name will be punished accordingly" 

"Yes mother" nodded Regulus 

"Cassiopeia?" said Wallburga with a raised eyebrow expectantly

"I-" Cassiopeia paused for a moment debating on her next words. "Yes mother." she decided.

Cassie couldn't be brave. After all, she wasn't a Gryffindor.