Chapter 22 Exes & Dates

Her eyes blow wide and she steps out onto the porch. Pulling the door almost shut behind her as she walks outside to where he's standing. He tries leaning in to take her hand but she snatched herself back.

"Jimmy. What on earth are you doing here?" She pleads with him quietly. His megawatt smile falls.

"Evie. Look I'm really sorry. And I know you didn't return any of my emails. I deserve that much. But I was alone tonight, and I just couldn't stop thinking about you- and I just wanted to see you."

He explains in that tone of his that always managed to be so winningly convincing. His face imitated to the perfect picture of tormented agony.

Only she was a wiser girl now. She knew better how to spot a prowling wolf in sheep's clothing. Lying through his sharp gleaming teeth.

He reached out and hooked his free hand to her crossed arms. Her stance stiff, and she was glancing over her shoulder every other second, looking to the crack in the front door.

"This really isn't a good idea. You need to leave." She hisses lowly and softly. She hoped he could read the panic in her eyes.

He frowns, and lumps the flowers and cooling champagne down on the grey wicker chair by her living room window where they're both stood. She's trying her best to crowd him away from line of sight, and earshot, of the kitchen.

If she stood out here much longer trying to hiss some sense into him. Kylo's going to get suspicious.

He comes to her, closer, trying to take her hips into his hands. She steps back. Her spine flush against the house. She shuts her eyes in desperation. Trying to speak plainly.

"Eve, babe, what is it? You seem awful tense..." He frets. Her hands clench harder where they're still clenched across her chest.

She wants to scoff laughter at her reasoning for being so uptight.

She was trying to help the idiot from having his face bashed in. If Kylo's record was any indication...

"Jimmy please. Please just go- now!" She begs. Her face pulled into an expression of desperate agony. Pressing a hand to his shoulder, trying to turn him around. Making him go.

But would he budge? Of course he wouldn't.

He starts to frown. "What's up with you? You've never been like this before?" He starts. Rooted to the spot. Stood by the porch banister, right at the top of the porch steps leading out into her garden.

"I didn't answer the door when you last knocked." She dares bravely. Her voice slipping into an icy tone.

He has the gall to know when to look ashamed. He runs a hand through his golden waves. Looking exasperated and sorry?

"Look, I know I was the biggest fuck up to you. Leaving you like that, that morning, and I'm sorry. Ok? It was really stupid of me." He insists. Hand over his heart as he spoke eagerly of his penitence.

Evie shakes her head as she looks at him. "The flowers are lovely. But please just take them, and your apology and just please go." She says sharply.

She goes to walk back into the house and shut him out. But he wasn't having it. Again he tries to plead, not taking no for an answer tugging her by the waist, one armed, leveraging her into his chest.

"Jimmy-" She pleads. She wants to sob.

"Babe, C'mon you remember all the fun we used to have, huh?" He huskily intones into her ear.