Chapter 59 Bachelorettes & Brides

The bed felt so big sleeping in it without him.

Evie folds the whisper grey cotton sheets over herself, and lies back in the big big soft bed to look at the garden through the open-spill of the terrace doors. Watches moonlight slither off the fussing swaying bay trees.

She sinks into the pillows and cuddles one of the big plump cotton thing in her arms.

Its scented of lemons and pressed linen. It doesn't smell of Ormonde Jayne cologne. Nor is it scrawled in multi-million artworks of black ink tattoo's. It's not the same. The absence of that big broad body next to her in bed. Arms always reaching for her. The hint of the oil he rubs through his hair - gardenia and violet and spring - it's scent not next to her own pillow. It's mad and she's torn up from not falling asleep next to him.

She consoles herself thinking that they've got the rest of their lives sharing the same bed. Waking up, hot sticky limbs all jumbled and tangled as one.

Beaming a meagre smile with that comfort, she falls gently away to sleep. Wakes up to a bright pool of sunshine warming on her toes through the sheets. Peels her fuzzy eyes open and that pure tuscan golden sun blazes at her senses. Striping through the Venetian shutters.

She blinks bleary and sits up to see her bedside clock and checks the time with a sleepy yawn. Arms uncurling to stretch out her shoulders. All melting toffee-limbed and loose. Her big linen nightie shirt, Ivory fabric all crinkled and mussed from her deep delicious sleep.

Kylo did wear her out significantly before she came to bed last night after- secret trysts in vineyards and all.

She rubs her eyes and trudges to the bathroom. Nightshirt slipping off her shoulder. A gorgeous edifice of beige exposed brick and ivory trims. With green accents painted on the bath in curling flower patterns. There's a two seater French gilded settee across from the bath for heavens sake. Luxury at luxury's best. Big soft beige gold curtains softened like big crushing waterfalls either side of the sheer covered windows which made the sunshine flood in foggy. The creamy flagstone floors are warm already on her cold feet as she pads for the sink. Seeing her sleep rumpled reflection in the gigantic silver rounded mirror.

Because of course Kylo saw to it his bride has the best suite to get ready in for her wedding day.

Even scrubbing her teeth at the sink alone now seemed like a very empty task.

She kept wanting to see that big marble tattoo-and-scar-carved chest lumber into the reflection behind her in the mirror. Big shaggy head of thick black hair swaying over her shoulder as he juts his chin there and nuzzles his lips and nose into the crook of her warm silken neck. Does it to make her shiver and smile.

She goes back to the bedroom and pulls on her hotel robe. Pulls the sheets up and neatly folds and makes her bed and heads off to find Flo. Through the dining room and the sitting room and out onto the terrace.

Where apparently breakfast was in order-

Flo was already dressed up all in her best. Stood up at the lime washed table on the terrace. Set for three. A round table with big wrought iron chairs wedged with white cushions. Situated under a weathered old italian oak tree that gnarled and twisted it's long spreading branches and leafy shade over the side of the terrace. Arched over the table as if trying to curl under and scoop it on up.

"Morning sugar." Gets called across to her. With a sweet beam. Evie walks closer to the sunny terrace to her adoptive grandma. Who hands her over a cup of tea over the first class breakfast spread out under the dappling sunshine of the tree dancing in yellow spots on the seamless white linen.