Chapter 8

After the conversation that me and Rosé had. After thanking her for all of her effort. I proceed inside the hut again and my eyes instictually find Lisa. I can't find her. I just want to tell her that I'm leaving tomorrow.

Where is she?

I started to look in every corner of each room. I still can't find her. So, I go out and started to look around the hut.

"Lisa!" I shouted as soon as I found her leaning on a tree.

She immediately look at me. Did she just cried? Because her eyes are swelling.

"What happened, Lisa?"

"It's nothing, Jennie."

"Just tell it, Lisa. I'm worried about you. Please tell me." I sincerely said.

She looked at me exposing her eyes that are full of sadness. This is not the Lisa that I used to know.

"I don't have the rights to feel this, right?" She said while smiling sadly.

What does that supposed to mean? I didn't reply because I didn't understand what is she trying to say. I just looked at her and she continued talking.

"Why am I f-feeling this? Do I deserve to be hurt even though you d-doesn't do any?"

I can't say a single word because of what she told me. What did you do to me, Lisa?

"L-Lisa, what do you mean by hurt?"

"It's nothing, Jen. I just can't accept the fact that you're l-leaving tomorrow. I heard your conversation with Chaeng earlier."

It's that the reason why she cried?

"S-Sorry, I didn't know."

She smiled at me, once again. "It's okay, Nini. It's just that I'll miss you."

My heart starts beating rapidly. And I felt something weird in my stomach again. She called me with that name again. The last time she called me that, I didn't sleep well because of that nickname.

It's just nothing, Jennie.

"I will miss you too, Lis. I will never regret meeting you. Do you want to come with me tomorrow? I m-mean you can walk with me until we get on the place where you found me."

"No, I think it's better if Rosé will be the one who will do that for you. Besides, she's the one who knows it." She said.

I'm feeling weird today. I felt sad when she said that. You're just being erratic, Jennie.

"U-Uh. Okay, so let's go back? Oh wait, I want to ask you something."

She confusingly looked at me. I want to ask her like the one I asked Rosé earlier. I will do anything just for her.

"Okay, what is it?"

"What do you want me to do? I mean to return your favor." I asked her.

I think she's still thinking. So I just wait for her response. A minute of silence before she spoke.

"To be honest, I don't want any. But I think this one is better."

I didn't give her a reply. I just wait for her to continue her sentence.

"Sing a song for me, Nini."

I immediately looked at her. That was so random. I'm still in shocked. She's just smiling while looking at my eyes. I stared at her brown orbs.

"Okay, I'll just sing my favorite song. I always listen to it whenever I am feeling down." I replied.

I closed my eyes before I started singing. Rainbow.

"When it rains, it pours, but you didn't even notice.
It ain't rainin' anymore, it's hard to breathe when all you know is.
The struggle of staying above the rising water line.

Well, the sky is finally open, the rain and wind stopped blowin.'
But you're stuck out in the same ol' storm again
You hold tight to your umbrella, well, darlin' I'm just tryin' to tell ya.That there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head.

Oh, tie up the bow, take off your coat, and take a look around.
Everything is alright now.
'Cause the sky has finally opened, the rain and wind stopped blowin'.
But you're stuck out in the same ol' storm again.
Let go of your umbrella, 'cause darlin', I'm just tryin' to tell ya.
That there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head.
Yeah, there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head."

"It'll all be alright, Lili."