OVA #7: A Sad Parting

Before Y/N left for Norlangarth

Y/N was walking through the streets of the Sitri Domain. With his new title, the residents started to bow down towards him, despite Y/N's protests of them telling them to stop.

He was flattered, but this new found fame was something that he didn't like. Sure he remembered his memories, but he still didn't see himself as a king. He thought of himself as a swordsman. A teacher. Student.

He remembered the day he got to the Swordcraft Academy in Centoria when he and Eugeo first arrived after the tournament they competed in Zakkaria. It was there he met his sword teacher and someone he deeply admired. Sortiliena Serlut. Known as the "Walking Tactics Manual," he studied under her and learned the Serlut style.

The following year after Liena, what Y/N called her, he became an elite swordsman, and in turn he gained a valet himself. Following in Liena's footsteps, he instructed the noble girl, Ronie Arabel. Sadly, he only got to teach her for a month, until he broke the Taboo Index by killing the first seat, Raios. It was then him and Eugeo were taken away by Alice Synthesis Thirty. 

Y/N: Those were days...if only I was strong enough to keep them alive.

Arriving at his mother's office, he went to knock on it, but his arm froze.

He was hesitant to do so. He may never see his mother in a long while, longer than most when he worked as a mercenary.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door. The door handle clicks and opens the door, standing there was the ever so cheerful Serafall Leviathan.

Serafall: Y/N! Come in!

Stepping inside, he sits in the seat in front of her. He wasn't sure how to break the news to her. His mother wasn't the greatest in keeping her emotions in.

Serafall: So? What brings you to my office?

Y/N: Kaa-san...

Serafall: Yes?

She had the puppy dog eyes, which Y/N could not resist, but the truth would hurt her. It wasn't until her smile disappeared.

Serafall: I know what it is...

Y/N: You do...?

Serafall: You're leaving...aren't you? To your home?

Y/N looks down, a solemn look on his face as he slowly nods. He hears sniffling and he looks back up, tears streaming down his mother's face as she cries her eyes out.

Serafall: I knew this day would come but...I didn't think it was so soon.

Y/N: I'm sorry...

Serafall had gotten up from her chair, getting in front of her son and hugged him, letting her tears out. Y/N gets up as well and wraps his arms around his mother's smaller figure. A wave of regret coming over him. He didn't want to leave her, but this is what he had to do.

Serafall: Do you really have to go? Why can't you just stay here?

Y/N: (voice breaking) I'm sorry, kaa-san...

Serafall: (strokes Y/N's hair) You were just a young fourteen year old when I found you. Now look at you. A proud young man, someone that I'm proud to call my son. You've made me so happy because you found your happiness yourself.

Y/N: Gomen'nasai...kaa-san!

He grips on to her clothes tighter. Serafall continues to stroke his hair as she starts to remember the times when Y/N was younger.

She remembered the day he was gifted his sword. The day he was so happy that he had ran to her, hugging her with all his might. It was so nostalgic, but this feeling was coming to an end. The two part and she looks into his eyes, a smile on her face.

Serafall: Go make everyone proud, but also do remember to be safe.

Y/N: Hai.

They hug one last time.

The scene changes to Y/N walking out the door, walking a few feet out of it before turning around to look back at Serafall.

The Devil Queen had a sad smile on her face as she waves her son goodbye. Y/N has a sad smile as well before he looks back to the front, a determined look on his face as he makes his way towards the entrance into the End Mountains.

From there, the Black Swordsman had met up with the Osmanthus Knight.

Alice: Have you said your goodbyes?

Y/N: (wipes tears) Yeah. Let's go back home. To Norlangarth. To Rulid.

Alice: (smiles) Yeah. Let us go.

They travel side by side, Alice holding a plant, lighting it up so they could see the darkness. From the distance, Sirzechs and Serafall watch as Y/N and Alice disappear into the darkness of the cave.

Sirzechs: So he's left.

Serafall: Yes.

Sirzechs: ...The War of Underworld draws near once again. Never thought that I would see the day come.

Serafall: As have I.

Sirzechs: Is he prepared to take his burden head on?

Serafall: He may not. But he has something.

Sirzechs: And what would that be?

Serafall looks to the older Devil King, a warm smile on her face.

He has the bonds of his comrades on his side.